RE: [logan2knits] Re: A January Knitting Meet-up Idea!

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
      Bring whatever works Mary! I'm glad you'll be able to make it!
      --Lee

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
        Hi Belia!
        Then you should definitely come-it will be fun!
        --Lee

        From: "LeeS" <leesstein@...
        <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >
        Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:29:37
        To: <logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com> >
        Subject: [logan2knits] A January Knitting Meet-up Idea!

        Hi everyone! I have an idea to host a "beginners" knitting mtg, but as I've
        learned from a recent art fair I helped to organize at church, it's VERY
        difficult to teach knitting to more than one person. SO...what would you
        think of coming to the meeting and teaching someone how to get started? That
        way, we can teach and reach MANY potential new knitters! What do you say??
        Are you in? I'm opening this mtg to all who want to learn how to knit,
        regardless of age. I'm thinking either January 17th or 24th (or possibly
        both) in the afternoon, at my house.

      • Morte
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
          Sounds good to me.I got a very good education on teaching a lefty how to knit form teaching my son (I'm a righty). I also know how to spin, (am teaching myself) if anyone is interested in learning drop spindle technique too.

          Morte

          'Why are morgues always in basements? Just because we enjoy working with the dead that doesn't mean that we wouldn't mind the occasional picture window to look out of....' Dr. Bass in Death's Acre

          "Competency get you work, confusion keeps you employed" - Gladys from Midnight Macabre