Re: A January Knitting Meet-up Idea!

  • Maryknits513@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
      Hi,

      I'm not an expert,but I could help a beginning knitter.

      I'm pretty good at finishing things, so I could help with that.  I also have software for stitch pattern and sweater design on my laptop.  If anyone is interested, I could bring it to the meeting.

      For once, I don't have 3 other things planned for the date.

      See you there,
      Mary S.
      Maryknits513 on Ravelry

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
        Hi Lourdes!
        You should come anyway! It’s been a long time since we’ve seen you!
        --Lee

        From: LeeS <leesstein@... <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >
        Subject: [logan2knits] A January Knitting Meet-up Idea!
        To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>
        Date: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 9:29 AM

        Hi everyone! I have an idea to host a "beginners" knitting mtg, but as I've learned from a recent art fair I helped to organize at church, it's VERY difficult to teach knitting to more than one person. SO...what would you think of coming to the meeting and teaching someone how to get started? That way, we can teach and reach MANY potential new knitters! What do you say?? Are you in? I'm opening this mtg to all who want to learn how to knit, regardless of age. I'm thinking either January 17th or 24th (or possibly both) in the afternoon, at my house.

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
          Bring whatever works Mary! I'm glad you'll be able to make it!
          --Lee

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
            Hi Belia!
            Then you should definitely come-it will be fun!
            --Lee

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
              Sounds good to me.I got a very good education on teaching a lefty how to knit form teaching my son (I'm a righty). I also know how to spin, (am teaching myself) if anyone is interested in learning drop spindle technique too.

              Morte

              'Why are morgues always in basements? Just because we enjoy working with the dead that doesn't mean that we wouldn't mind the occasional picture window to look out of....' Dr. Bass in Death's Acre

              "Competency get you work, confusion keeps you employed" - Gladys from Midnight Macabre