A January Knitting Meet-up Idea!

  • LeeS
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 27, 2009
      Hi everyone! I have an idea to host a "beginners" knitting mtg, but as I've learned from a recent art fair I helped to organize at church, it's VERY difficult to teach knitting to more than one person. SO...what would you think of coming to the meeting and teaching someone how to get started? That way, we can teach and reach MANY potential new knitters! What do you say?? Are you in? I'm opening this mtg to all who want to learn how to knit, regardless of age. I'm thinking either January 17th or 24th (or possibly both) in the afternoon, at my house.

      --Lee
    • Belia Ortega
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 27, 2009
        Lee -

        I'd be interested in going to learn. I can only crochet, but I know I have some socks and cable stitching skills in me :)

        Belia

        Smile big -
        *belia*

        scoots_2000@...

        Sent via BlackBerry -- Please excuse any typos!

        Hi everyone! I have an idea to host a "beginners" knitting mtg, but as I've learned from a recent art fair I helped to organize at church, it's VERY difficult to teach knitting to more than one person. SO...what would you think of coming to the meeting and teaching someone how to get started? That way, we can teach and reach MANY potential new knitters! What do you say?? Are you in? I'm opening this mtg to all who want to learn how to knit, regardless of age. I'm thinking either January 17th or 24th (or possibly both) in the afternoon, at my house.

      • Lourdes Adrianzen
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 27, 2009
          Hi Lee!
                     I know I am not a very beginner but I have many flaws on my  knitting .Specially how to finish up a  piece , unfortunately the books are not as easy to follow up as I  imagined they would be.Maybe one of the girls who have more experience can enlighten me on how to certain techniques.Is this O.K.? Let me know.
                                                                                                        Lourdes

        • Maryknits513@sbcglobal.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
            Hi,

            I'm not an expert,but I could help a beginning knitter.

            I'm pretty good at finishing things, so I could help with that.  I also have software for stitch pattern and sweater design on my laptop.  If anyone is interested, I could bring it to the meeting.

            For once, I don't have 3 other things planned for the date.

            See you there,
            Mary S.
            Maryknits513 on Ravelry

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
              Hi Lourdes!
              You should come anyway! It’s been a long time since we’ve seen you!

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
                Bring whatever works Mary! I'm glad you'll be able to make it!
                --Lee

                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
                  Hi Belia!
                  Then you should definitely come-it will be fun!

                  scoots_2000@... <mailto:scoots_2000%40yahoo.com>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 28, 2009
                    Sounds good to me.I got a very good education on teaching a lefty how to knit form teaching my son (I'm a righty). I also know how to spin, (am teaching myself) if anyone is interested in learning drop spindle technique too.

                    Morte

                    'Why are morgues always in basements? Just because we enjoy working with the dead that doesn't mean that we wouldn't mind the occasional picture window to look out of....' Dr. Bass in Death's Acre

                    "Competency get you work, confusion keeps you employed" - Gladys from Midnight Macabre