Noro sweater

  • lisa darnell
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      Thanks to Lee and to everyone at Cate's house for the last get together! I finished my Noro sweater, and feel very pleased with the results. I just have to block it, as the ribbing at the bottom of the sweater wants to curl up. Any tips other than to simply wet it and let it lay flat to dry? This is my first piece that really needs to be blocked.
      -Lisa D

    • gnewfry
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        i haven't had to block either, but i've been researching it. you should wet it with a little no rinse soap, which they sell at lys (loopy at least. the name escapes me now). then pin it to the dimensions you want. it's supposed to be easiest if you get some gingham with 1 inch blocks to lay on your surface and help you measure.

        i'm sure there are a lot more experienced people who will have better tips.

        gerri

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          My favorite links to blocking info:

          http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/FEATdiyknitter.html
          http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/daily/archive/2007/07/25/the-basics-of-blocking_2C00_-part-one.aspx
          http://techknitting.blogspot.com/2008/03/why-block-hand-knits-heres-why-and-how.html

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
            I'm thrilled the sweater worked out! Post a pic when its blocked
            Lee

            From: lisa darnell <lisardarnell@...>
            Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 05:25:31
            To: SNB<logan2knits@yahoogroups.com>