Need some lace advice!

  • LeeS
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 17, 2009
      Hello knitters! Does anyone have instructions for a simple lace repeat that does NOT leave a scallopped edge? Something easy, that leaves straight edges. I'm trying to design a small lace bandanna but my lace knowledge is limited! Please help!
      --Lee
    • LeeS
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 17, 2009
        Actually, I think I'm going to look in the Encyclopedia of knitting, I might get some ideas there.

        --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "LeeS" <leesstein@...> wrote:

        > Hello knitters! Does anyone have instructions for a simple lace repeat that does NOT leave a scallopped edge? Something easy, that leaves straight edges. I'm trying to design a small lace bandanna but my lace knowledge is limited! Please help!
        > --Lee

      • gnewfry
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 17, 2009
          --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "LeeS" <leesstein@...> wrote:

          > Actually, I think I'm going to look in the Encyclopedia of knitting, I might get some ideas there.

          lee, i don't know too much about lace, sorry.

          gerri
        • paulinekochanski
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 17, 2009

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 17, 2009
              I have knit a lot of lace--you could look for something called a lace insert, which would be a strip to attach to something else, and would have straight edges.  I have three lace knitting books if you'd like to take a look.
              Hmm, I only seem to have one lace book--did I loan out the first and second books of lace knitting to anyone on this list?
              Ann

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 17, 2009
                That would be great Ann.let me know if and when I can come over and borrow
                the book!
                --lee

                From: LeeS <leesstein@... <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com>

                To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>