Re: [logan2knits] Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

  • BonMcGrath@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
      although i never get a chance to come, i thoroughly enjoy this listserv and one of these days, i will meet you guys face to face and show you the two scarves i have been working on for decades, literally!! -bonnie

      visit my blog: http://chicagojournal.com/Blogs/South-Loop-Observer/

      From: Kelly <avoriana@... <mailto:avoriana%40yahoo.com> >

      at Ann's)

      To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>

      Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 11:59 AM

      Our meetup last night was a big success. We met the other knitting group,

      and we liked them. We are going to meet again next Wednesday, the 12th. 6

      was a little early, so it might be better to make it 7, with earlycomers

      welcome. For the purposes of coordinating with the other group, and to not

      bombard people who aren't interested with our e-mails, I think we should use

      the Logan Square Knitters ravelry group to communicate. The ravelry group

      was created by the other knitting group but has not been used. They agreed

      we should activate it. (I'm avoriana on ravelry.) Gerri, I have your yarn

      that you left behind and will give it to you on Wednesday.

      From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

      at Ann's)

      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

      Hi all--I expect to be in a meeting until 8:30 or so, but I'll try to stop

      in afterward.

      From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

      at Ann's)

      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 8:28 AM

      Hey knitters,

      This is your reminder that we are planning to meet tomorrow, Wednesday

      night, at New Wave starting at 6 but latecomers welcome. Another Logan

      Square knitting group will be at New Wave too! It will be a knitting

      convention! If you have any trouble finding us just call me.

      Kelly Kensell

      Cell 312-451-6141

      From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

      at Ann's)

      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

      I think its a good idea to establish a relationship too. But, I'd say let's

      just get us all somewhere first and take it from there. I think its hard

      for us to even just plan a get together.

      I'd love to be there next week but will be out of town. Though, keep me in

      the loop on all future Wednesdays.

      Thanks,

      Tesia

      On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Deanna McMillan <edmcmillan@ gmail.

      com>wrote:

      > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

      > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

      > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

      > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

      > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

      > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

      > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

      > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

      > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

      > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

      > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

      > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

      > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

      > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

      > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

      > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

      > us every week.

      > Just my $0.02.

      > Deanna

      > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

      > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

      > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

      > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

      > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

      > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

      > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

      pick

      > up momentum.

      > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

      > to do things in the future in person.

      > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

      we

      > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

      Every

      > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

      > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

      > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

      > > Kelly Kensell

      > > 312-451-6141

    • Kelly
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
        Oh, no, sorry!  I didn't mean discontinue the list serve at all.  I only worried that not everybody is interested in the weekly Wednesday meetups at New Wave, and that if I send out reminders for that every Tuesday, and four people e-mail to say they can come, and three people e-mail to say they can't, some people will feel spammed.  It's more e-mail than I have seen go out on the listserve.  However I suppose people can just unsubscribe to the yahoo group.

        Kelly

        From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com] On

        Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

        Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        --- On Thu, 8/6/09, Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com>

        From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

        at Ann's)

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

        From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

        at Ann's)

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

        From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

        at Ann's)

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

        at Ann's)

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
          Anyone who feels spammed can definitely adjust their settings so they get fewer or no e-mails from this listserv.

          Although unsubscribing is an option, you don't have to unsubscribe to stop e-mails completely.

          If anyone has questions about how to do that, feel free to contact me.

          Knit on, ladies!

          From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@aol. com>

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

          Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 12:07 PM

          From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits @ yahoogroups. com] On

          Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

          Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

          From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

          at Ann's)

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

          From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

          at Ann's)

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

          Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

          From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

          at Ann's)

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

          From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

          at Ann's)

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

          Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

          com>wrote:

          > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

          > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

          > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

          > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

          > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

          > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

          > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

          > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

          > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

          > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

          > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

          > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

          > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

          > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

          > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

          > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

          > us every week.

          > Just my $0.02.

          > Deanna

          > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

          > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

          > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

          > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

          > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

          > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

          > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

          pick

          > up momentum.

          > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

          > to do things in the future in person.

          > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

          we

          > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

          Every

          > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

          > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

          > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

          > > Kelly Kensell

          > > 312-451-6141

        • Kelly
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 11, 2009
            Just a reminder that we will be knitting at New Wave tomorrow, Wed., Aug. 12 at 7!

            From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 4:26 PM

            From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@ aol. com>