Re: [logan2knits] Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
      I don't see the problem with continuing with our current email list--are you suggesting that we disband the logan2knits group?  Especially if getting on the ravelery list means I have to set up a new identity on some new site--Enough already!
      From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

      Hi all--I expect to be in a meeting until 8:30 or so, but I'll try to stop in afterward.

      From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 8:28 AM

      Hey knitters,

      This is your reminder that we are planning to meet tomorrow, Wednesday night, at New Wave starting at 6 but latecomers welcome.  Another Logan Square knitting group will be at New Wave too!  It will be a knitting convention!  If you have any trouble finding us just call me.

      Kelly Kensell

      Cell 312-451-6141

      From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

      Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

      I think its a good idea to establish a relationship too. But, I'd say let's

      just get us all somewhere first and take it from there. I think its hard

      for us to even just plan a get together.

      I'd love to be there next week but will be out of town. Though, keep me in

      the loop on all future Wednesdays.

      Thanks,

      Tesia

      On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Deanna McMillan <edmcmillan@ gmail. com>wrote:

      > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

      > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

      > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

      > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

      > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

      > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

      > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

      > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

      > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

      > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

      > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

      > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

      > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

      > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

      > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

      > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

      > us every week.

      > Just my $0.02.

      > Deanna

      > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

      > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

      > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

      > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

      > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

      > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

      > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick

      > up momentum.

      > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

      > to do things in the future in person.

      > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if we

      > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group. Every

      > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

      > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

      > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

      > > Kelly Kensell

      > > 312-451-6141

    • Belia Ortega
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
        Hey all -

        I haven't been to a Logan Square group gathering in a bit, but would like to continue to receive emails if this group is disbanded. Please send out details on how to join the LS Ravelry list.

        Enjoy the sunshine!

        Belia
        Smile big -
        *belia*

        scoots_2000@...

        Sent via BlackBerry -- Please excuse any typos!

        From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

        From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
          I like the Logan 2 Knits newsgroup. There are people here who aren't on
          ravelry. Let's continue with the newsgroup, it's not a pain in the butt or
          anything.
          --Lee

          --- On Thu, 8/6/09, Kelly <avoriana@... <mailto:avoriana%40yahoo.com>

        • BonMcGrath@aol.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
            although i never get a chance to come, i thoroughly enjoy this listserv and one of these days, i will meet you guys face to face and show you the two scarves i have been working on for decades, literally!! -bonnie

            visit my blog: http://chicagojournal.com/Blogs/South-Loop-Observer/

            From: Kelly <avoriana@... <mailto:avoriana%40yahoo.com> >

            at Ann's)

            To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>

            From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

            at Ann's)

            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

            From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

            at Ann's)

            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

            From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

            at Ann's)

            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

            com>wrote:

            > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

            > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

            > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

            > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

            > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

            > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

            > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

            > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

            > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

            > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

            > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

            > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

            > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

            > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

            > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

            > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

            > us every week.

            > Just my $0.02.

            > Deanna

            > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

            > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

            > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

            > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

            > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

            > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

            > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

            pick

            > up momentum.

            > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

            > to do things in the future in person.

            > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

            we

            > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

            Every

            > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

            > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

            > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

            > > Kelly Kensell

            > > 312-451-6141

          • Kelly
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
              Oh, no, sorry!  I didn't mean discontinue the list serve at all.  I only worried that not everybody is interested in the weekly Wednesday meetups at New Wave, and that if I send out reminders for that every Tuesday, and four people e-mail to say they can come, and three people e-mail to say they can't, some people will feel spammed.  It's more e-mail than I have seen go out on the listserve.  However I suppose people can just unsubscribe to the yahoo group.

              Kelly

              From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com] On

              Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

              Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

              --- On Thu, 8/6/09, Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com>

              From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

              at Ann's)

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

              From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

              at Ann's)

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

              Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

              From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

              at Ann's)

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

              From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

              at Ann's)

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

              Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
                Anyone who feels spammed can definitely adjust their settings so they get fewer or no e-mails from this listserv.

                Although unsubscribing is an option, you don't have to unsubscribe to stop e-mails completely.

                If anyone has questions about how to do that, feel free to contact me.

                Knit on, ladies!

                From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@aol. com>

                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 12:07 PM

                From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits @ yahoogroups. com] On

                Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

                Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

                at Ann's)

                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

                From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                at Ann's)

                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                at Ann's)

                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                at Ann's)

                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                com>wrote:

                > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

                > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

                > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

                > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

                > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

                > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

                > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

                > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

                > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

                > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

                > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

                > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

                > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

                > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

                > us every week.

                > Just my $0.02.

                > Deanna

                > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

                > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

                > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

                > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

                > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

                > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

                > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

                pick

                > up momentum.

                > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

                > to do things in the future in person.

                > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

                we

                > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

                Every

                > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

                > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                > > Kelly Kensell

                > > 312-451-6141

              • Kelly
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 11, 2009
                  Just a reminder that we will be knitting at New Wave tomorrow, Wed., Aug. 12 at 7!

                  From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                  To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                  Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 4:26 PM

                  From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@ aol. com>