Re: [logan2knits] Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 4, 2009
      Hey knitters,

      This is your reminder that we are planning to meet tomorrow, Wednesday night, at New Wave starting at 6 but latecomers welcome.  Another Logan Square knitting group will be at New Wave too!  It will be a knitting convention!  If you have any trouble finding us just call me.

      Kelly Kensell
      Cell 312-451-6141

      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 4, 2009
        Hi all--I expect to be in a meeting until 8:30 or so, but I'll try to stop in afterward.

        From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

        Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

        I think its a good idea to establish a relationship too. But, I'd say let's

        just get us all somewhere first and take it from there. I think its hard

        for us to even just plan a get together.

        I'd love to be there next week but will be out of town. Though, keep me in

        the loop on all future Wednesdays.

        Thanks,

        Tesia

        On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Deanna McMillan <edmcmillan@ gmail. com>wrote:

        > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

        > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

        > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

        > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

        > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

        > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

        > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

        > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

        > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

        > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

        > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

        > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

        > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

        > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

        > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

        > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

        > us every week.

        > Just my $0.02.

        > Deanna

        > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

        > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

        > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

        > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

        > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

        > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

        > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick

        > up momentum.

        > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

        > to do things in the future in person.

        > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if we

        > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group. Every

        > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

        > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

        > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

        > > Kelly Kensell

        > > 312-451-6141

      • Kelly
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 6, 2009
          Our meetup last night was a big success.  We met the other knitting group, and we liked them.  We are going to meet again next Wednesday, the 12th.  6 was a little early, so it might be better to make it 7, with earlycomers welcome.  For the purposes of coordinating with the other group, and to not bombard people who aren't interested with our e-mails, I think we should use the Logan Square Knitters ravelry group to communicate.  The ravelry group was created by the other knitting group but has not been used.  They agreed we should activate it.  (I'm avoriana on ravelry.)  Gerri, I have your yarn that you left behind and will give it to you on Wednesday.

          From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

          From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

          Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
            I don't see the problem with continuing with our current email list--are you suggesting that we disband the logan2knits group?  Especially if getting on the ravelery list means I have to set up a new identity on some new site--Enough already!

            From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

            From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

            From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

            Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

            I think its a good idea to establish a relationship too. But, I'd say let's

            just get us all somewhere first and take it from there. I think its hard

            for us to even just plan a get together.

            I'd love to be there next week but will be out of town. Though, keep me in

            the loop on all future Wednesdays.

            Thanks,

            Tesia

            On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Deanna McMillan <edmcmillan@ gmail. com>wrote:

            > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

            > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

            > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

            > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

            > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

            > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

            > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

            > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

            > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

            > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

            > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

            > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

            > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

            > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

            > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

            > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

            > us every week.

            > Just my $0.02.

            > Deanna

            > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

            > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

            > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

            > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

            > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

            > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

            > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick

            > up momentum.

            > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

            > to do things in the future in person.

            > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if we

            > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group. Every

            > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

            > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

            > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

            > > Kelly Kensell

            > > 312-451-6141

          • Belia Ortega
            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
              Hey all -

              I haven't been to a Logan Square group gathering in a bit, but would like to continue to receive emails if this group is disbanded. Please send out details on how to join the LS Ravelry list.

              Enjoy the sunshine!

              Belia
              Smile big -
              *belia*

              scoots_2000@...

              Sent via BlackBerry -- Please excuse any typos!

              From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

              Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

              From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

              From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

              Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
                I like the Logan 2 Knits newsgroup. There are people here who aren't on
                ravelry. Let's continue with the newsgroup, it's not a pain in the butt or
                anything.
                --Lee

                --- On Thu, 8/6/09, Kelly <avoriana@... <mailto:avoriana%40yahoo.com>

              • BonMcGrath@aol.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
                  although i never get a chance to come, i thoroughly enjoy this listserv and one of these days, i will meet you guys face to face and show you the two scarves i have been working on for decades, literally!! -bonnie

                  visit my blog: http://chicagojournal.com/Blogs/South-Loop-Observer/

                  From: Kelly <avoriana@... <mailto:avoriana%40yahoo.com> >

                  at Ann's)

                  To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>

                  From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                  at Ann's)

                  To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                  Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                  From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                  at Ann's)

                  To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                  From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                  at Ann's)

                  To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                  Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                  com>wrote:

                  > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                  > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

                  > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

                  > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

                  > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

                  > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

                  > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

                  > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

                  > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                  > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

                  > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

                  > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

                  > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

                  > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

                  > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

                  > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

                  > us every week.

                  > Just my $0.02.

                  > Deanna

                  > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

                  > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

                  > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

                  > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

                  > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

                  > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

                  > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

                  pick

                  > up momentum.

                  > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

                  > to do things in the future in person.

                  > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

                  we

                  > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

                  Every

                  > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                  > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

                  > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                  > > Kelly Kensell

                  > > 312-451-6141

                • Kelly
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
                    Oh, no, sorry!  I didn't mean discontinue the list serve at all.  I only worried that not everybody is interested in the weekly Wednesday meetups at New Wave, and that if I send out reminders for that every Tuesday, and four people e-mail to say they can come, and three people e-mail to say they can't, some people will feel spammed.  It's more e-mail than I have seen go out on the listserve.  However I suppose people can just unsubscribe to the yahoo group.

                    Kelly

                    From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com] On

                    Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

                    Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

                    To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                    at Ann's)

                    --- On Thu, 8/6/09, Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com>

                    From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

                    at Ann's)

                    To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

                    From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                    at Ann's)

                    To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                    Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                    From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                    at Ann's)

                    To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                    From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                    at Ann's)

                    To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                    Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                    Message 9 of 22 , Aug 9, 2009
                      Anyone who feels spammed can definitely adjust their settings so they get fewer or no e-mails from this listserv.

                      Although unsubscribing is an option, you don't have to unsubscribe to stop e-mails completely.

                      If anyone has questions about how to do that, feel free to contact me.

                      Knit on, ladies!

                      From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@aol. com>

                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                      Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 12:07 PM

                      From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits @ yahoogroups. com] On

                      Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

                      Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                      at Ann's)

                      From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

                      at Ann's)

                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

                      From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                      at Ann's)

                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                      From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                      at Ann's)

                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                      From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                      at Ann's)

                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                      Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                      com>wrote:

                      > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                      > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

                      > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

                      > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

                      > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

                      > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

                      > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

                      > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

                      > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                      > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

                      > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

                      > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

                      > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

                      > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

                      > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

                      > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

                      > us every week.

                      > Just my $0.02.

                      > Deanna

                      > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

                      > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

                      > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

                      > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

                      > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

                      > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

                      > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

                      pick

                      > up momentum.

                      > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

                      > to do things in the future in person.

                      > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

                      we

                      > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

                      Every

                      > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                      > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

                      > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                      > > Kelly Kensell

                      > > 312-451-6141

                    • Kelly
                      Message 10 of 22 , Aug 11, 2009
                        Just a reminder that we will be knitting at New Wave tomorrow, Wed., Aug. 12 at 7!

                        From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                        Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 4:26 PM

                        From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@ aol. com>