Re: [logan2knits] Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

  • tesia kosmalski
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 28, 2009
      so can anyone NOT do Wed that would like to come regularly?
      sundays are kind of my chill before the week starts night.

      so how does Wed sound?

      On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM, unschoolchicago <unschoolchicago@...
      > wrote:

      > I've not been able to make a meeting yet, but could definitely do the Wed
      > or Sun evenings proposed. Sounds fun! Laura
      >

      > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>, Angela
      > Goodman <rzrgrl@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I'd like to vote for Sunday evenings, though I could work with
      > > anything if 7:30 wasn't too late to show up...
      > >
      > > Yay!
      > >
      > > .a
      > >

      > > > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>,

    • Renee Chester
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 28, 2009
        I've been wanting to come as well - can't do Wednesdays  -

        Can do Sundays - and also Saturday in the day - but probably not every week -
        New Wave always seems so crowded - do you think we'd be able to get a table? or 2
        Renee

        NEW CLASSES FOR 2009
        www.bloomyogastudio.com
        Prenatal M 6-7:15

        MommyBaby Th 11:30-12:45
        Level 1-2  Tu 5-6:15 and Su 11:30-1
        Gentle Monday 8:15-9:15 pm
        www.galterlifecenter.org
        www.xsportfitness.com Logan Square
        Commercial Park - open class Th 6:15-7:15

        On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:59 AM, unschoolchicago <unschoolchicago@ yahoo.com
        > wrote:

        > I've not been able to make a meeting yet, but could definitely do the Wed
        > or Sun evenings proposed. Sounds fun! Laura
        >

        > --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <logan2knits% 40yahoogroups. com>, Angela
        > Goodman <rzrgrl@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'd like to vote for Sunday evenings, though I could work with
        > > anything if 7:30 wasn't too late to show up...
        > >
        > > Yay!
        > >
        > > .a
        > >

        > > > --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <logan2knits% 40yahoogroups. com>,

      • Gerri
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 28, 2009
          i'd really prefer wednesday. and i'd like to come regularly. sunday nights are kind of a chill night for me too. unless you meant sunday during the day. but it is a bit crowded then with the farmer's market right next door.

          gerri

          --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, tesia kosmalski <tesiak@...> wrote:

          > so can anyone NOT do Wed that would like to come regularly?
          > sundays are kind of my chill before the week starts night.
          >
          > so how does Wed sound?

        • elasticwaist
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 28, 2009
            I would also prefer Wednesdays and as Gerri said, Sundays are pretty busy in New Wave.

            --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Gerri" <gerri@...> wrote:

            > i'd really prefer wednesday. and i'd like to come regularly. sunday nights are kind of a chill night for me too. unless you meant sunday during the day. but it is a bit crowded then with the farmer's market right next door.
            >
            > gerri
            >
            > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, tesia kosmalski <tesiak@> wrote:
            > >
            > > so can anyone NOT do Wed that would like to come regularly?
            > > sundays are kind of my chill before the week starts night.
            > >
            > > so how does Wed sound?

          • shaunna.macleod
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 28, 2009
              Both Wednesday or Sunday evenings would work for me. I have yet to attend a meeting, so am looking forward to it!

              shaunna

              --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "elasticwaist" <harvey.harvey@...> wrote:

              > I would also prefer Wednesdays and as Gerri said, Sundays are pretty busy in New Wave.
              >
              > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Gerri" <gerri@> wrote:
              > >
              > > i'd really prefer wednesday. and i'd like to come regularly. sunday nights are kind of a chill night for me too. unless you meant sunday during the day. but it is a bit crowded then with the farmer's market right next door.
              > >
              > > gerri
              > >
              > > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, tesia kosmalski <tesiak@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > so can anyone NOT do Wed that would like to come regularly?
              > > > sundays are kind of my chill before the week starts night.
              > > >
              > > > so how does Wed sound?

            • catherine taylor
              Message 6 of 22 , Jul 28, 2009
                We used to do every other week, one week sunday the next week on a week day(in this case wednesday).... and see how it plays out.
                Cate

                ________________________________
                Both Wednesday or Sunday evenings would work for me. I have yet to attend a meeting, so am looking forward to it!

                shaunna

                --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com, "elasticwaist" <harvey.harvey@ ...> wrote:

                > I would also prefer Wednesdays and as Gerri said, Sundays are pretty busy in New Wave.
                >
                > --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com, "Gerri" <gerri@> wrote:
                > >
                > > i'd really prefer wednesday. and i'd like to come regularly. sunday nights are kind of a chill night for me too. unless you meant sunday during the day. but it is a bit crowded then with the farmer's market right next door.
                > >
                > > gerri
                > >
                > > --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com, tesia kosmalski <tesiak@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > so can anyone NOT do Wed that would like to come regularly?
                > > > sundays are kind of my chill before the week starts night.
                > > >
                > > > so how does Wed sound?

              • Kelly
                Message 7 of 22 , Jul 29, 2009
                  Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays.  Why don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?  Say at 6 o'clock?  I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick up momentum.

                  We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want to do things in the future in person.

                  I don't think we need to alert New Wave.  Let's surprise attack!  And if we are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.  Every river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                  I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell.  I will also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                  Kelly Kensell
                  312-451-6141

                  ____________ _________ _________ __

                  Both Wednesday or Sunday evenings would work for me. I have yet to attend a meeting, so am looking forward to it!

                  shaunna

                  --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com, "elasticwaist" <harvey.harvey@ ...> wrote:

                  > I would also prefer Wednesdays and as Gerri said, Sundays are pretty busy in New Wave.

                  > --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com, "Gerri" <gerri@> wrote:

                  > > i'd really prefer wednesday. and i'd like to come regularly. sunday nights are kind of a chill night for me too. unless you meant sunday during the day. but it is a bit crowded then with the farmer's market right next door.

                  > > gerri

                  > > --- In logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com, tesia kosmalski <tesiak@> wrote:

                  > > > so can anyone NOT do Wed that would like to come regularly?

                  > > > sundays are kind of my chill before the week starts night.

                  > > > so how does Wed sound?

                • aredaeroplane
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jul 29, 2009
                    Just as an option, I'm part of a meetup group that meets semi-regularly at New Wave, if you ever want to join up with us. We've been doing Wednesdays during the summer but our schedule is flexible. We're not going this week because so many of our members are out of town, but we may be there next week if you want to have a big combined group. I think that'd be fun! Here's the meetup link: http://www.meetup.com/Logan-Square-Knitters-Meetup/

                    Cheers,
                    Erin

                    --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Kelly <avoriana@...> wrote:

                    > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays.� Why don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?� Say at 6 o'clock?� I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick up momentum.
                    >
                    > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want to do things in the future in person.
                    >
                    > I don't think we need to alert New Wave.� Let's surprise attack!� And if we are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.� Every river starts with a raindrop, you know.
                    >
                    > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell.� I will also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.
                    >
                    > Kelly Kensell
                    > 312-451-6141

                  • Deanna McMillan
                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 30, 2009
                      Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                      Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and
                      manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's
                      really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased
                      business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to
                      meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome
                      us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.
                      Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or
                      not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                      The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome
                      for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they
                      meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will
                      be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great
                      rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps
                      this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave
                      will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for
                      us every week.

                      Just my $0.02.

                      Deanna

                      > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)
                      > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@... avoriana
                      > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))
                      >
                      > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave? Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick up momentum.
                      >
                      > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want to do things in the future in person.
                      >
                      > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if we are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group. Every river starts with a raindrop, you know.
                      >
                      > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.
                      >
                      > Kelly Kensell
                      > 312-451-6141
                    • tesia kosmalski
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 31, 2009
                        I think its a good idea to establish a relationship too. But, I'd say let's
                        just get us all somewhere first and take it from there. I think its hard
                        for us to even just plan a get together.

                        I'd love to be there next week but will be out of town. Though, keep me in
                        the loop on all future Wednesdays.

                        Thanks,
                        Tesia

                        On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Deanna McMillan <edmcmillan@...>wrote:

                        > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!
                        >
                        > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and
                        > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's
                        > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased
                        > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to
                        > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome
                        > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.
                        > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or
                        > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.
                        >
                        > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome
                        > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they
                        > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will
                        > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great
                        > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps
                        > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave
                        > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for
                        > us every week.
                        >
                        > Just my $0.02.
                        >
                        > Deanna

                        > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)
                        > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@... <avoriana%40yahoo.com> avoriana
                        > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))
                        > >
                        > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why
                        > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?
                        > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some
                        > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick
                        > up momentum.
                        >

                        > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want
                        > to do things in the future in person.
                        > >
                        > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if we
                        > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group. Every
                        > river starts with a raindrop, you know.
                        > >
                        > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will
                        > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.
                        > >
                        > > Kelly Kensell
                        > > 312-451-6141

                      • Kelly
                        Message 11 of 22 , Aug 4 6:28 AM
                          Hey knitters,

                          This is your reminder that we are planning to meet tomorrow, Wednesday night, at New Wave starting at 6 but latecomers welcome.  Another Logan Square knitting group will be at New Wave too!  It will be a knitting convention!  If you have any trouble finding us just call me.

                          Kelly Kensell
                          Cell 312-451-6141

                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 4 3:53 PM
                            Hi all--I expect to be in a meeting until 8:30 or so, but I'll try to stop in afterward.

                            From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                            Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                            I think its a good idea to establish a relationship too. But, I'd say let's

                            just get us all somewhere first and take it from there. I think its hard

                            for us to even just plan a get together.

                            I'd love to be there next week but will be out of town. Though, keep me in

                            the loop on all future Wednesdays.

                            Thanks,

                            Tesia

                            On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Deanna McMillan <edmcmillan@ gmail. com>wrote:

                            > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                            > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

                            > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

                            > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

                            > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

                            > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

                            > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

                            > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

                            > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                            > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

                            > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

                            > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

                            > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

                            > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

                            > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

                            > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

                            > us every week.

                            > Just my $0.02.

                            > Deanna

                            > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

                            > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

                            > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

                            > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

                            > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

                            > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

                            > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick

                            > up momentum.

                            > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

                            > to do things in the future in person.

                            > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if we

                            > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group. Every

                            > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                            > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

                            > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                            > > Kelly Kensell

                            > > 312-451-6141

                          • Kelly
                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 6 9:59 AM
                              Our meetup last night was a big success.  We met the other knitting group, and we liked them.  We are going to meet again next Wednesday, the 12th.  6 was a little early, so it might be better to make it 7, with earlycomers welcome.  For the purposes of coordinating with the other group, and to not bombard people who aren't interested with our e-mails, I think we should use the Logan Square Knitters ravelry group to communicate.  The ravelry group was created by the other knitting group but has not been used.  They agreed we should activate it.  (I'm avoriana on ravelry.)  Gerri, I have your yarn that you left behind and will give it to you on Wednesday.

                              From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                              From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                              To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                              Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 9 6:39 AM
                                I don't see the problem with continuing with our current email list--are you suggesting that we disband the logan2knits group?  Especially if getting on the ravelery list means I have to set up a new identity on some new site--Enough already!

                                From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                                From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                                To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                                I think its a good idea to establish a relationship too. But, I'd say let's

                                just get us all somewhere first and take it from there. I think its hard

                                for us to even just plan a get together.

                                I'd love to be there next week but will be out of town. Though, keep me in

                                the loop on all future Wednesdays.

                                Thanks,

                                Tesia

                                On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 9:30 AM, Deanna McMillan <edmcmillan@ gmail. com>wrote:

                                > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                                > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

                                > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

                                > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

                                > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

                                > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

                                > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

                                > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

                                > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                                > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

                                > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

                                > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

                                > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

                                > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

                                > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

                                > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

                                > us every week.

                                > Just my $0.02.

                                > Deanna

                                > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

                                > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

                                > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

                                > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

                                > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

                                > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

                                > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and pick

                                > up momentum.

                                > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

                                > to do things in the future in person.

                                > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if we

                                > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group. Every

                                > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                                > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

                                > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                                > > Kelly Kensell

                                > > 312-451-6141

                              • Belia Ortega
                                Message 15 of 22 , Aug 9 7:37 AM
                                  Hey all -

                                  I haven't been to a Logan Square group gathering in a bit, but would like to continue to receive emails if this group is disbanded. Please send out details on how to join the LS Ravelry list.

                                  Enjoy the sunshine!

                                  Belia
                                  Smile big -
                                  *belia*

                                  scoots_2000@...

                                  Sent via BlackBerry -- Please excuse any typos!

                                  From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                                  To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                  Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                                  From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                                  To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                  From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                                  To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                  Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Aug 9 9:53 AM
                                    I like the Logan 2 Knits newsgroup. There are people here who aren't on
                                    ravelry. Let's continue with the newsgroup, it's not a pain in the butt or
                                    anything.
                                    --Lee

                                    --- On Thu, 8/6/09, Kelly <avoriana@... <mailto:avoriana%40yahoo.com>

                                  • BonMcGrath@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 9 10:07 AM
                                      although i never get a chance to come, i thoroughly enjoy this listserv and one of these days, i will meet you guys face to face and show you the two scarves i have been working on for decades, literally!! -bonnie

                                      visit my blog: http://chicagojournal.com/Blogs/South-Loop-Observer/

                                      From: Kelly <avoriana@... <mailto:avoriana%40yahoo.com> >

                                      at Ann's)

                                      To: logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com>

                                      From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                                      at Ann's)

                                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                      Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                                      From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                                      at Ann's)

                                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                      From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                                      at Ann's)

                                      To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                      Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                                      com>wrote:

                                      > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                                      > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

                                      > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

                                      > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

                                      > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

                                      > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

                                      > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

                                      > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

                                      > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                                      > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

                                      > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

                                      > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

                                      > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

                                      > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

                                      > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

                                      > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

                                      > us every week.

                                      > Just my $0.02.

                                      > Deanna

                                      > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

                                      > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

                                      > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

                                      > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

                                      > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

                                      > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

                                      > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

                                      pick

                                      > up momentum.

                                      > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

                                      > to do things in the future in person.

                                      > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

                                      we

                                      > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

                                      Every

                                      > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                                      > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

                                      > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                                      > > Kelly Kensell

                                      > > 312-451-6141

                                    • Kelly
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 9 2:26 PM
                                        Oh, no, sorry!  I didn't mean discontinue the list serve at all.  I only worried that not everybody is interested in the weekly Wednesday meetups at New Wave, and that if I send out reminders for that every Tuesday, and four people e-mail to say they can come, and three people e-mail to say they can't, some people will feel spammed.  It's more e-mail than I have seen go out on the listserve.  However I suppose people can just unsubscribe to the yahoo group.

                                        Kelly

                                        From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com] On

                                        Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

                                        Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

                                        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                        at Ann's)

                                        --- On Thu, 8/6/09, Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com>

                                        From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

                                        at Ann's)

                                        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

                                        From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                                        at Ann's)

                                        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                        Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                                        From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                                        at Ann's)

                                        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                        From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                                        at Ann's)

                                        To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                        Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 9 2:35 PM
                                          Anyone who feels spammed can definitely adjust their settings so they get fewer or no e-mails from this listserv.

                                          Although unsubscribing is an option, you don't have to unsubscribe to stop e-mails completely.

                                          If anyone has questions about how to do that, feel free to contact me.

                                          Knit on, ladies!

                                          From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@aol. com>

                                          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                          Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 12:07 PM

                                          From: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:logan2knits @ yahoogroups. com] On

                                          Behalf Of Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter

                                          Sent: Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:40 AM

                                          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                          at Ann's)

                                          From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com <mailto:avoriana% 40yahoo.com> >

                                          at Ann's)

                                          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com <mailto:logan2knits %40yahoogroups. com>

                                          From: Joyce M. Fitzgerald <bigwildonion@ yahoo.com>

                                          at Ann's)

                                          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                          Date: Tuesday, August 4, 2009, 5:53 PM

                                          From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                                          at Ann's)

                                          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                          From: tesia kosmalski <tesiak@gmail. com>

                                          at Ann's)

                                          To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                          Date: Friday, July 31, 2009, 1:02 PM

                                          com>wrote:

                                          > Hello! Longtime lurker here, hope to make it to a meetup soon!

                                          > Honestly, I dislike the idea of not communicating with the staff and

                                          > manager before holding group meetings at any restaurant or cafe. It's

                                          > really inconsiderate to them not to be warned in advance of increased

                                          > business, and it would also be good to have their official blessing to

                                          > meet--after all, it's their business and they do not have to welcome

                                          > us, so it's best to establish some sort of relationship in advance.

                                          > Even if only two people have replied here, you never know whether or

                                          > not any lurkers will show up and overwhelm the staff.

                                          > The Rogers Park SnB group does a weekly poll (Yahoo Groups is awesome

                                          > for this), and someone volunteers to call the restaurant at which they

                                          > meet to notify them of how many people to expect, even if no one will

                                          > be meeting. I think that's a good plan, and it's led to a great

                                          > rapport between the restaurant management and that SnB group. Perhaps

                                          > this group could try something similar? Who knows, maybe New Wave

                                          > will love us and start reserving a certain area of the cafe just for

                                          > us every week.

                                          > Just my $0.02.

                                          > Deanna

                                          > > 1a. Re: Regular meeting at New Wave (was: Knit Night at Ann's)

                                          > > Posted by: "Kelly" avoriana@yahoo. com <avoriana%40yahoo. com> avoriana

                                          > > Date: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am ((PDT))

                                          > > Okay, so it seems like a lot of people can make it on Wednesdays. Why

                                          > don't we plan our first meeting for next Wednesday, August 5 at New Wave?

                                          > Say at 6 o'clock? I will get there early to stake out a table, and if some

                                          > people can't make it until 7, then that's fine, we'll just snowball and

                                          pick

                                          > up momentum.

                                          > > We can iron out the details on how often we want to meet and how we want

                                          > to do things in the future in person.

                                          > > I don't think we need to alert New Wave. Let's surprise attack! And if

                                          we

                                          > are only two people, I will be thrilled with that and call it a group.

                                          Every

                                          > river starts with a raindrop, you know.

                                          > > I'll be the girl knitting, or you can just call me on my cell. I will

                                          > also send out a reminder for this on Tuesday.

                                          > > Kelly Kensell

                                          > > 312-451-6141

                                        • Kelly
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 11 11:28 AM
                                            Just a reminder that we will be knitting at New Wave tomorrow, Wed., Aug. 12 at 7!

                                            From: Kelly <avoriana@yahoo. com>

                                            To: logan2knits@ yahoogroups. com

                                            Date: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 4:26 PM

                                            From: BonMcGrath@aol. com <BonMcGrath@ aol. com>