Meet the newbie

  • aviddreams
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
      Hello All,

      I'm Angela. I've decided to learn a new hobby this year and knitting is it. I'm your basic beginner. I used to play with my mother's needles like drumsticks but that was it. I bought a kit and have been attempting to learn on my own but hands on visual help is always better. Whomever has the patience to show me the ropes it would be greatly appreciated. Unfornately, I am unable to attend on Thursday nights due to school but my schedule will open up when I'm done in June.

      May life keep you in stitches!
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2009
        Hello Angela and everyone,
          There is a  knittng circle that meets at the Logan Square branch of the library on wednesday nights - 6:30to 8:30. If that is more convenient for you, they could help you get started. It seems a shame to wait until June.
                                                                                                                          Margaret

        I'm Angela. I've decided to learn a new hobby this year and knitting is it. I'm your basic beginner. I used to play with my mother's needles like drumsticks but that was it. I bought a kit and have been attempting to learn on my own but hands on visual help is always better. Whomever has the patience to show me the ropes it would be greatly appreciated. Unfornately, I am unable to attend on Thursday nights due to school but my schedule will open up when I'm done in June.

        May life keep you in stitches!

      • Gerri
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 4, 2009
          hi angela! welcome.