Re: [logan2knits] New Wave Coffee knits?

  • Morte
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 18, 2009
      I've gone to that meet up, only once at this point, unfortunately, and they meet every Thursday at 7pm to knit. And there were other random knitters scattered throughout the place while we were there. It's a nice little coffee house with good drinks, although their food selection isn't the greatest. Then again, they've only been open since Jan 1st, so it will get better.

      I'm all for supporting small local businesses. And it's a nice place, I've been there a few times on my own.

      ^*^Morte

      'Why are morgues always in basements? Just because we enjoy working with the dead that doesn't mean that we wouldn't mind the occasional picture window to look out of....' Dr. Bass in Death's Acre

      "Competency get you work, confusion keeps you employed" - Gladys from Midnight Macabre

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 18, 2009
        I would be interested. However, my attendance is likely to be spotty.

        --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, margaret crozier
        <croziermargaret@...> wrote:

        > I would be very interested in a week night meeting at the local
        coffeee cafe.

                                Margaret

        > ________________________________

      • Kelly
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 18, 2009
          I would love it.  However I can't do Tuesdays or Thursdays ever

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 18, 2009
            I would be interested too, but like Joyce my attendance would be spotty, but
            probably less spotty in the summertime.
            --Lee

            I would be interested. However, my attendance is likely to be spotty.

            --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com> ,
            margaret crozier
            <croziermargaret@...> wrote:

            > I would be very interested in a week night meeting at the local
            coffeee cafe.

            Margaret

            > ________________________________

          • Belia Ortega
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 18, 2009
              Same here!

              Smile big -
              *belia*

              scoots_2000@...

              Sent via BlackBerry

              <croziermargaret@...> wrote:

              > I would be very interested in a week night meeting at the local
              coffeee cafe.

              Margaret

              > ________________________________

            • Renee Chester
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 19, 2009
                My evenings are always crammed - just checking in again to see if anyone has daytime hours they'd like to knit in - - Wednesdays and Thursdays work well for me - -

                Although I could meet after 9 pm on Thursdays - - Renee

                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 19, 2009
                  Well, excellent. I will probably go knit there around 7 tonight, and
                  I'd love to see some of you there.
                  Cheers,
                  Erin

                  --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Belia Ortega" <scoots_2000@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Same here!
                  >

                  > Smile big -
                  > *belia*
                  >
                  > scoots_2000@...
                  >

                  > Sent via BlackBerry

                • Emily Miller
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 19, 2009
                    Evening are tough for me, too... would anyone be interested in a weekend
                    afternoon/evening?

                  • renee4yoga@yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 19, 2009
                      Saturdays are best for me. I'd love to meet up on a sat. R
                      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 19, 2009
                        I would love to go sometime.  Monday and Thursday nights are best for me or a weekend afternoon.

                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 21, 2009
                          I like New Wave too, especially since they have an art show up right now that includes one of my knit pieces! The show will be up until March 15, when we are having a closing reception from 6 to 9--do stop by then too.

                          I'd love to try to stop in on a knit night with you all, but don't have any night that works best, so just make a proposal and I'll try to walk over.

                          Ann

                          > There's a new coffee shop called New Wave Coffee on
                          > Logan and
                          > Milwaukee that I like very much. I just contacted them to
                          > ask if
                          > they'd be open to having a knitting circle there, and
                          > they said that
                          > some knitters had been coming in but they didn't have a
                          > regular
                          > meeting time. Are any of y'all aware of this group?
                          > Would anyone else
                          > be interested in knitting at New Wave once every week or
                          > two, perhaps
                          > on Thursday evenings?
                        • shaunna macleod
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 21, 2009
                            I am also interested. Thursdays will work beginning in June. Weekend
                            mornings would work too.shaunna