MCA SnB is back!

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
      Hello all,

      SnB at Museum of Contemporary Art resumes on Tuesday, October 7!

      If you have never been to this event at the MCA, I encourage you to
      check it out. There are usually enough people there to fill up the
      cafe, you see lots of cool projects in progress, you can check out the
      galleries while you're there, and it's free of charge!

      Anyone want to go next week? I plan to arrive around 6PM.

      Best, Joyce

      From MCA website:

      First Tuesday of the month, 5:30 pm
      Back by popular demand, this event invites knitters and all hand-craft
      creators to bring their needles, yarn, and other supplies to create
      and exchange techniques and stories. All skill levels are welcome to
      participate in this fresh adaptation of the traditional sewing and
      craft circle. A special guest local artist will be on site each month
      to share their work and techniques.
      Oct 7: guest artist Casey Wasniewski shares her unique sculptures made
      from simple wool yarns embroidered together, knot after knot, creating
      a dense accumulation of knots on top of a thick piece of felt
    • aredaeroplane
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2008
        Free of charge!? I'll be there! I'll likely arrive between 5:30 and 6.

        I'm also going to YarnCon on Saturday, but I haven't decided what time
        yet.

        Cheers,
        Erin