Question and mtg update

  • lilbee60618
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
      Hi everyone!
      I have a question about this shrug pattern i found on ravelry. It's
      called "ribbed lace bolero," and you can find the pattern through this
      link:
      http://kellymaher.wordpress.com/2007/07/04/ribbed-lace-bolero/
      <http://kellymaher.wordpress.com/2007/07/04/ribbed-lace-bolero/>

      Problem is, how do I figure out how much to cast on?? I don't get it! I
      measured my shoulder width at 18", adding 8" for sleeves, x4 (for gauge)
      which = 104. But I don't get the whole rounding down part. Do you
      understand the instructions? I sent an email to the designer for help,
      but thought this might be faster...lemme know!

      BY THE WAY, I'm hosting at my place on Thursday September 4th from
      6:30-9:30. Lourdes is bringing banana bread. Joyce, would you bring a
      nice vegan appetizer? I think I'll make hummus w/pita or salsa w/chips.
      If anyone else would like to bring a little something, feel free. I
      think at least 7 of us will be there!

      Thanks again everyone,
      Lee

    • Stephanie
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
        Hi Lee,
        So, you round down to the next number that fits the formula of: 4x+2
        (4x just denotes a multiple of 4). If you came up with 104 stitches,
        you round down to 100--the next-lower multiple of 4--then add 2, for
        your edge stitches. So you cast on 102. The stitch pattern must be 4
        stitches long, and there is a stitch on each edge that is not part of
        the pattern.

        Clear as mud?

        Cute pattern, btw. I wish I could come over next week, but I work
        weekday nights! Have fun anyway.

        -Stephanie
        (naturegoddess on Ravelry)

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 28, 2008
          Thank you Stephanie-I can't wait to finish this project!!

          --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com <mailto:logan2knits%40yahoogroups.com> ,