Fwd: Lisa Whiting is running a WHAT??

  • Lisa Whiting
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 17 3:18 PM
      Dear Friends and Family,
      I am RUNNING a marathon. That's right, a marathon! Well, not a full one, a
      half one. So instead of 26.5 miles I am going to be running 13.5 miles to
      fund AIDS research. I know, I know, I am not a runner. The only time I said
      that I would run if it were from a sharp pointy knife. I changed my mind. I
      am training with the National AIDS Marathon Training Program, which raises
      money for AIDS Foundation of Chicago, the leading provider of AIDS services
      in the greater Chicago-land area. I hope to log over 500 miles before the
      actual Marathon, and I am keeping a blog to keep you all posted of my
      progress. www.lisarunsamarathon.blogspot.com

      Last year, I met a woman who I am now lucky to call my friend, whom, I found
      out has the HIV virus. Since that point I have wanted to do something to
      help her. I am running for her!

      A lot of progress has been made to stop the AIDS epidemic, however, it is
      still far from over. More than 450,000 americans has died from AIDS and
      over a million of them are living with HIV. AIDS has infected over 40
      MILLION people world wide and is now the leading cause of death among ALL
      PEOPLE 15 - 59 year of age.

      And this is why I am committed to raise $4200 before July 25th for research.
      However I hope to raise more than that! Help me keep motivated, help people
      with aids, and donate to a good cause. Any Donation you can make to help me
      reach this goal is most appreciated. $10, $50, $100. Anything you can spare.
      I know that there are also companies that if you donate, they will match
      your donation, take advantage of that.

      To donate go to www.aidsmarathon.com and choose "Sponsor A Runner" Pick
      me, Lisa Whiting, or use my runner number #CH-0604. Super easy!
      OR you can donate at www.paypal.com and use my email address
      gnitihwasil@...

      If you can't donate, I totally understand, but if you could pass this email
      on to at least 5 people it would help me out alot! Thank you SO MUCH!!! I
      am totally geeked about this!!

      Sincerely,

      Lisa Whiting
      gnitihwasil@...