RE: [logan2knits] Help! I need a shawl!

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
      Hi Lee, I'm sorry I cant help you. I only have a casual taupe shawl and a red one. If the wedding is not until May I think you have time to make one. There are many triangular shawl patterns that are easy and work up quickly. I think you should use a thinner yarn in an open pattern. It would go quickly and look dressy. Margaret

      Lee Stein <leesstein@...> wrote: Hmm maybe I can make this-what type of yarn should I use? Fingering?
      Worsted?

      Thank you for the tip on Etsy Joyce-that place is awesome and I did find one
      thing...
      --Lee

      From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...
      <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >

      > Hi everyone!
      >
      > I bought this light silk chiffon dress to wear to a wedding:
      > http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
      <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ense>
      &ense\
      > mbleid=44429
      > <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
      <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ens>
      &ens\

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
        Thanks Margaret!
        Hey when am I gonna see you? When and where's the next public place we'll be
        meeting?
        --Lee

        Lee Stein <leesstein@... <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com>

        From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...
        <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com>
        <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >

        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > I bought this light silk chiffon dress to wear to a wedding:
        > http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
        <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
        <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ense>
        &ense>
        &ense\
        > mbleid=44429
        > <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
        <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
        <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ens>
        &ens>
        &ens\

      • tinaheiho@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
          yep k1, follow pattern: k2tog (3 times), yo k1 (6times), k2tog (3times) repeat until last stitch, k1

          The 'pattern' equals 18, so you can repeat until you get he width you want...one stich at begin and end just to be consistant.

          Tina
          From: "Lee Stein" <leesstein@...>

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
            Cool! I bought some beautiful yarn today and I'm knitting it up with size 15
            needles! It's beautiful already!
            --Lee

            From: "Lee Stein" <leesstein@...