Re: [logan2knits] Help! I need a shawl!

  • tinaheiho@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
      My shawls are all the wrong style...but I am knitting a super fast shawl right now...the one I was getting the 'scraps' for. They recommend size 13 needles...I used 10.5. This is the pattern:

      Multiples of 18 plus 2:
      Row 1: knit
      Row 2: purl
      Row 3: k1,* k2tog (3 times), (yo, k1) 6 times, k2tog (3 times) , repeat from * until last stitch, k1,
      Row 4: purl

      Repeat until length desired

      Tina
      From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...>

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
        Hmm maybe I can make this-what type of yarn should I use? Fingering?
        Worsted?

        Thank you for the tip on Etsy Joyce-that place is awesome and I did find one
        thing...
        --Lee

        From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...
        <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >

        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > I bought this light silk chiffon dress to wear to a wedding:
        > http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
        <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ense>
        &ense\
        > mbleid=44429
        > <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
        <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ens>
        &ens\

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
          OK Tina,
          So multiples of 18 plus 2 means:
          the 1st st of ROW 3, plus the * sts, plus the last st?

          From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...

            From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
              Thanks Margaret!
              Hey when am I gonna see you? When and where's the next public place we'll be
              meeting?

              Lee Stein <leesstein@... <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com>

              From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...
              <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com>
              <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >

              > Hi everyone!
              >
              > I bought this light silk chiffon dress to wear to a wedding:
              > http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
              <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
              <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ense>
              &ense>
              &ense\
              > mbleid=44429
              > <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
              <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
              <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ens>
              &ens>
              &ens\

            • tinaheiho@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
                yep k1, follow pattern: k2tog (3 times), yo k1 (6times), k2tog (3times) repeat until last stitch, k1

                The 'pattern' equals 18, so you can repeat until you get he width you want...one stich at begin and end just to be consistant.

                Tina
                From: "Lee Stein" <leesstein@...>

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
                  Cool! I bought some beautiful yarn today and I'm knitting it up with size 15
                  needles! It's beautiful already!
                  --Lee

                  From: "Lee Stein" <leesstein@...