Help! I need a shawl!

  • lilbee60618
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
      Hi everyone!

      I bought this light silk chiffon dress to wear to a wedding:
      http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ense\
      mbleid=44429
      <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ens\
      embleid=44429>

      Only problem is, the wedding's on a boat at the end of May so I'm afraid
      I'll be too cold. I thought maybe a white or light blue lace shawl would
      be perfect, but I can't find any to buy! And I'm pretty certain I can't
      knit one in time. Any suggestions on where to find one? Or maybe can I
      borrow one for the evening? Please let me know right away!

      Thanks,
      Lee

    • tinaheiho@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
        My shawls are all the wrong style...but I am knitting a super fast shawl right now...the one I was getting the 'scraps' for. They recommend size 13 needles...I used 10.5. This is the pattern:

        Multiples of 18 plus 2:
        Row 1: knit
        Row 2: purl
        Row 3: k1,* k2tog (3 times), (yo, k1) 6 times, k2tog (3 times) , repeat from * until last stitch, k1,
        Row 4: purl

        Repeat until length desired

        Tina
        From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...>

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
          Hmm maybe I can make this-what type of yarn should I use? Fingering?
          Worsted?

          Thank you for the tip on Etsy Joyce-that place is awesome and I did find one
          thing...
          --Lee

          From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...
          <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >

          > Hi everyone!
          >
          > I bought this light silk chiffon dress to wear to a wedding:
          > http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
          <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ense>
          &ense\
          > mbleid=44429
          > <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
          <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ens>
          &ens\

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
            OK Tina,
            So multiples of 18 plus 2 means:
            the 1st st of ROW 3, plus the * sts, plus the last st?

            From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...

              From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2008
                Thanks Margaret!
                Hey when am I gonna see you? When and where's the next public place we'll be
                meeting?

                Lee Stein <leesstein@... <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com>

                From: "lilbee60618" <leesstein@...
                <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com>
                <mailto:leesstein%40spacecushion.com> >

                > Hi everyone!
                >
                > I bought this light silk chiffon dress to wear to a wedding:
                > http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
                <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
                <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ense>
                &ense>
                &ense\
                > mbleid=44429
                > <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
                <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712
                <http://www.coldwatercreek.com/products/product.aspx?productid=38712&ens>
                &ens>
                &ens\

              • tinaheiho@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
                  yep k1, follow pattern: k2tog (3 times), yo k1 (6times), k2tog (3times) repeat until last stitch, k1

                  The 'pattern' equals 18, so you can repeat until you get he width you want...one stich at begin and end just to be consistant.

                  Tina
                  From: "Lee Stein" <leesstein@...>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 6, 2008
                    Cool! I bought some beautiful yarn today and I'm knitting it up with size 15
                    needles! It's beautiful already!
                    --Lee

                    From: "Lee Stein" <leesstein@...