Newbie(s) For Thursday 28th

  • shanaroseis
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
      Hi everyone!

      I joined this group a week or two ago after a friend of mine told me
      she'd heard there was a LSq. stitch n' bitch. I'm going to try to
      come this Thursday and I'll let her know too. She's a neighbor Tina!
      (I'm a few blocks further north.)

      Should I (we) bring anything besides our knittin'?

      Thanks!
      Happy Sunday!
      Shana
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2008
        People bring whatever they want to. Sometimes food or
        drink.

        --- shanaroseis <shanaroseis@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone!
        >
        > I joined this group a week or two ago after a friend
        > of mine told me
        > she'd heard there was a LSq. stitch n' bitch. I'm
        > going to try to
        > come this Thursday and I'll let her know too. She's
        > a neighbor Tina!
        > (I'm a few blocks further north.)
        >
        > Should I (we) bring anything besides our knittin'?
        >
        > Thanks!
        > Happy Sunday!
        > Shana

        Looking for last minute shopping deals?
      • sternje17
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2008
          Hi! I'm another newbie; I am not certain if I'll be able to make
          this Thursday, but after the gracious note of welcome Lee sent me,
          how can I resist joining you guys?

          I am full of questions:

          1. Are there any dietary preferences that should be noted? Speak
          now...

          2. Have we tried asking talking to My House (or Golden Rise) about
          their winter hours? I live about 120 feet from My House, and it
          seems to me that if you say, "Hey, we have five of six paying
          customers, guaranteed, who may throw in the occasional pair of hand-
          knitted socks as a tip," a place that size just might be persuaded
          to stay open an extra hour or two, particularly at a point in the
          year when business is so slow.

          3. Has anyone worked with Handmaiden's seacell before? I am planning
          to do a baby blanket for my doctor using the pattern in <i>Stitch-n-
          Bitch</i>, and it seems to me that it would be a good choice for her
          (yes, it's expensive, but the lady is super-generous with her
          samples...). On the other hand, I know someone who can get me
          cashmerino for a nice price, if seacell knits up stiff.

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2008
            From: "sternje17" <l_hewitt@...>
            > Hi! I'm another newbie; I am not certain if I'll be able to make
            > this Thursday, but after the gracious note of welcome Lee sent me,
            > how can I resist joining you guys?
            >
            > I am full of questions:
            >
            > 1. Are there any dietary preferences that should be noted? Speak
            > now... ****Our only dietary preference is 'yes please'. There are many vegetarians among us...and if you ring something fancy we will all make a very big deal out of it!
            >
            > 2. Have we tried asking talking to My House (or Golden Rise) about
            > their winter hours? I live about 120 feet from My House, and it
            > seems to me that if you say, "Hey, we have five of six paying
            > customers, guaranteed, who may throw in the occasional pair of hand-
            > knitted socks as a tip," a place that size just might be persuaded
            > to stay open an extra hour or two, particularly at a point in the
            > year when business is so slow. ****Golden rise seems very happy to Welcome us, but My House really didn't seem interested in changing their hours.
            >
            > 3. Has anyone worked with Handmaiden's seacell before? I am planning
            > to do a baby blanket for my doctor using the pattern in <i>Stitch-n-
            > Bitch</i>, and it seems to me that it would be a good choice for her
            > (yes, it's expensive, but the lady is super-generous with her
            > samples...). On the other hand, I know someone who can get me
            > cashmerino for a nice price, if seacell knits up stiff. **** I bet you could get some advice at a meeting.

            Tina

            > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Joyce M. Fitzgerald"
            > <bigwildonion@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > People bring whatever they want to. Sometimes food or
            > > drink.
            > >
            > > --- shanaroseis <shanaroseis@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > Hi everyone!
            > > >
            > > > I joined this group a week or two ago after a friend
            > > > of mine told me
            > > > she'd heard there was a LSq. stitch n' bitch. I'm
            > > > going to try to
            > > > come this Thursday and I'll let her know too. She's
            > > > a neighbor Tina!
            > > > (I'm a few blocks further north.)
            > > >
            > > > Should I (we) bring anything besides our knittin'?
            > > >
            > > > Thanks!
            > > > Happy Sunday!
            > > > Shana

            > > Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            > > Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.
            > http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?
            > category=shopping

          • Kari Balck
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 26, 2008
              I'm gluten free, but I normally accomodate myself.