Re: [logan2knits] Ravelry, Crochet, and hello

  • Lynda C
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2007
      Hi Chelsea!
      If you come to a meeting when I am there (which unfortunately is far
      less often than I would like) I can teach you.

      Also I am not sure of the other LYSs because I have not looked at
      their website, but I know that Woolly Lamb Studio has a beginner's
      crochet class. It seems reasonably priced.
      http://www.peacefire.org/circumventor/simple-circumventor-instructions.html

      I'm on Ravelry too! I'm lulubird6. You can check out my projects,
      they're mostly crochet right now because I've only been knitting since
      this summer and crocheting since last year.

      Lynda

      On Nov 10, 2007 8:37 AM, Sonigrrl_2000 <v.chelsea@...> wrote:

      > Hey, ladies! You haven't met me yet. It seems like I'm always busy
      > on meeting nights. Anyway, I'm on Ravelry now under the name
      > Marmabean. Stop by and say hello!
      >
      > Also, I've been knitting for a little over a year. I'd like to learn
      > to crochet too, but haven't been able to teach myself. It doesn't
      > seem that any of the LYS have crochet classes. Am I wrong?
      >
      > --Chelsea

    • Debra Winke
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 11, 2007
        Knit1on Lincoln - 1/2 block from the Trader Joe's has a great crochet class on Thursday evenings from 6:30-8:30. You can buy the classes individually or in blocks of 5 and the best part you can come to whichever Thursdays fit in your schedule. So you don't have to sign up for 5 classes in a row and then if you miss one you are just out of luck. I was only a knitter until last winter I wanted to learn crochet and now I do both!

        Sonigrrl_2000 <v.chelsea@...> wrote: Hey, ladies! You haven't met me yet. It seems like I'm always busy
        on meeting nights. Anyway, I'm on Ravelry now under the name
        Marmabean. Stop by and say hello!

        Also, I've been knitting for a little over a year. I'd like to learn
        to crochet too, but haven't been able to teach myself. It doesn't
        seem that any of the LYS have crochet classes. Am I wrong?

        --Chelsea

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Debra Winke
        773-860-4880

      • Sonigrrl_2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2007
          Thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll check out the workshops you've
          suggested.

          --Chelsea