Re: [logan2knits] A reminder and a question for the group

  • Lisa Phillips
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
      I think that's a great idea. We would all get to know
      different areas of the neighborhood, and maybe we
      could do a little potluck thing for snacks/drinks,
      saving a little cash for awhile.
      Lisa

      --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
        I like this idea too. Sunday nights at different households could be
        really fun.

        <image.tiff>

      • rachel
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
          I'd be happy to offer up our living room for a Sunday night or two!

          :)

          rachel

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
            My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be happy to
            bake/bring treats for any get together!

            -Becca

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
              I'll be at El Cid tonight!

              Meeting in homes seems good to me.

              My apartment is not in Logan Square, but I would be
              happy to host if Addison & Lawndale is not too far to
              travel.

              --- Annemarie Neff <annemarie.neff@...> wrote:

              > Meeting reminder
              >
              > The August 24 meeting will be at:
              > El Cid 2
              > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
              > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
              > 773-395-0505
              >
              > Everybody interested in attending please email your
              > r.s.v.p. to
              > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
              > afternoon.
              > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this
              > week, I have a previous
              > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
              > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend
              > meetings this fall, unless we
              > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on
              > August 29 and my week
              > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two
              > classes; one that meets on
              > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets
              > on Thursday night and
              > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in
              > leading the group during
              > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the
              > listserv and send out
              > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to
              > mess with it.)
              > Please email me off list at
              > annemarie.neff@... or call me at
              > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
              > Sorry about this, but science calls...

              Joyce M. Fitzgerald

              3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

              bigwildonion@...
              jfitzg7@...

              (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                Yeah, I'm not in Logan Square either, but I am easy to get to by bus.

                <image.tiff>

                <image.tiff>

                <image.tiff>

              • drywit1
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                  Hi! I'm new to this group, but a couple of names are familiar from
                  Meetup.com. I hope to make one of the group's get-togethers soon.
                  Almost made it yesterday, but a friend went into premature labor and
                  I went to visit her at the hospital instead. She'll probably join
                  in the future. (She and baby are doing well, just need to be on bed
                  rest for a while.)

                  Anyway, I wanted to reiterate Becca's message below for my part, as
                  well. And if no one minds having me, a stranger for the moment,
                  over, I'd be fine bringing something like a veggie tray, or as the
                  weather cools, baked goodies.

                  -Mari-

                  --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Boland
                  <rebeccaboland@g...> wrote:
                  > My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be
                  happy
                  > bake/bring treats for any get together!
                  >
                  > -Becca
                • drywit1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                    I'm just a mile from Joyce's home, on the same street.
                    -Mari-