Re: [logan2knits] A reminder and a question for the group

  • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
      Sunday nights are better for me. I'd suggest that we
      might want to try a round robin location of willing
      households--I would be happy to have an evening at my
      home as we have room for 6-10 (or more) knitters, and
      then people could browse knitting books and swap or
      borrow needles, etc. farily easily.

      Ann

    • Lisa Phillips
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
        I think that's a great idea. We would all get to know
        different areas of the neighborhood, and maybe we
        could do a little potluck thing for snacks/drinks,
        saving a little cash for awhile.
        Lisa

        --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
          I like this idea too. Sunday nights at different households could be
          really fun.

          <image.tiff>

        • rachel
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
            I'd be happy to offer up our living room for a Sunday night or two!

            :)

            rachel

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
              My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be happy to
              bake/bring treats for any get together!

              -Becca

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                I'll be at El Cid tonight!

                Meeting in homes seems good to me.

                My apartment is not in Logan Square, but I would be
                happy to host if Addison & Lawndale is not too far to
                travel.

                --- Annemarie Neff <annemarie.neff@...> wrote:

                > Meeting reminder
                >
                > The August 24 meeting will be at:
                > El Cid 2
                > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
                > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
                > 773-395-0505
                >
                > Everybody interested in attending please email your
                > r.s.v.p. to
                > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
                > afternoon.
                > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this
                > week, I have a previous
                > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
                > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend
                > meetings this fall, unless we
                > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on
                > August 29 and my week
                > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two
                > classes; one that meets on
                > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets
                > on Thursday night and
                > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in
                > leading the group during
                > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the
                > listserv and send out
                > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to
                > mess with it.)
                > Please email me off list at
                > annemarie.neff@... or call me at
                > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
                > Sorry about this, but science calls...

                Joyce M. Fitzgerald

                3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

                bigwildonion@...
                jfitzg7@...

                (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                  Yeah, I'm not in Logan Square either, but I am easy to get to by bus.

                  <image.tiff>

                  <image.tiff>

                  <image.tiff>

                • drywit1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                    Hi! I'm new to this group, but a couple of names are familiar from
                    Meetup.com. I hope to make one of the group's get-togethers soon.
                    Almost made it yesterday, but a friend went into premature labor and
                    I went to visit her at the hospital instead. She'll probably join
                    in the future. (She and baby are doing well, just need to be on bed
                    rest for a while.)

                    Anyway, I wanted to reiterate Becca's message below for my part, as
                    well. And if no one minds having me, a stranger for the moment,
                    over, I'd be fine bringing something like a veggie tray, or as the
                    weather cools, baked goodies.

                    -Mari-

                    --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Boland
                    <rebeccaboland@g...> wrote:
                    > My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be
                    happy
                    > bake/bring treats for any get together!
                    >
                    > -Becca
                  • drywit1
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                      I'm just a mile from Joyce's home, on the same street.
                      -Mari-