Re: [logan2knits] A reminder and a question for the group

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
      My concern is whether anyplace is open Sunday night. Is Cherubs
      available during that time?

      I would probably be able to make some Sundays, if not all, but the same
      goes for Wednesdays this fall. I just can't guarantee my availability
      either. I will talk to others tonight and see what they say.

      On Tuesday, August 23, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Annemarie Neff wrote:

      > Meeting reminder
      >
      > The August 24 meeting will be at:
      > El Cid 2
      > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
      > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
      > 773-395-0505
      >
      > Everybody interested in attending please email your r.s.v.p. to
      > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
      > afternoon.
      > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this week, I have a previous
      > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
      > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend meetings this fall,
      > unless we
      > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on August 29 and my
      > week
      > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two classes; one that
      > meets on
      > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets on Thursday night
      > and
      > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in leading the group
      > during
      > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the listserv and send
      > out
      > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to mess with it.)
      > Please email me off list at annemarie.neff@... or call me at
      > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
      > Sorry about this, but science calls...

      <image.tiff>

      <image.tiff>

    • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
        Sunday nights are better for me. I'd suggest that we
        might want to try a round robin location of willing
        households--I would be happy to have an evening at my
        home as we have room for 6-10 (or more) knitters, and
        then people could browse knitting books and swap or
        borrow needles, etc. farily easily.

        Ann

      • Lisa Phillips
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
          I think that's a great idea. We would all get to know
          different areas of the neighborhood, and maybe we
          could do a little potluck thing for snacks/drinks,
          saving a little cash for awhile.
          Lisa

          --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
            I like this idea too. Sunday nights at different households could be
            really fun.

            <image.tiff>

          • rachel
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
              I'd be happy to offer up our living room for a Sunday night or two!

              :)

              rachel

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be happy to
                bake/bring treats for any get together!

                -Becca

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                  I'll be at El Cid tonight!

                  Meeting in homes seems good to me.

                  My apartment is not in Logan Square, but I would be
                  happy to host if Addison & Lawndale is not too far to
                  travel.

                  --- Annemarie Neff <annemarie.neff@...> wrote:

                  > Meeting reminder
                  >
                  > The August 24 meeting will be at:
                  > El Cid 2
                  > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
                  > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
                  > 773-395-0505
                  >
                  > Everybody interested in attending please email your
                  > r.s.v.p. to
                  > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
                  > afternoon.
                  > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this
                  > week, I have a previous
                  > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
                  > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend
                  > meetings this fall, unless we
                  > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on
                  > August 29 and my week
                  > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two
                  > classes; one that meets on
                  > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets
                  > on Thursday night and
                  > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in
                  > leading the group during
                  > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the
                  > listserv and send out
                  > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to
                  > mess with it.)
                  > Please email me off list at
                  > annemarie.neff@... or call me at
                  > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
                  > Sorry about this, but science calls...

                  Joyce M. Fitzgerald

                  3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

                  bigwildonion@...
                  jfitzg7@...

                  (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                    Yeah, I'm not in Logan Square either, but I am easy to get to by bus.

                    <image.tiff>

                    <image.tiff>

                    <image.tiff>

                  • drywit1
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                      Hi! I'm new to this group, but a couple of names are familiar from
                      Meetup.com. I hope to make one of the group's get-togethers soon.
                      Almost made it yesterday, but a friend went into premature labor and
                      I went to visit her at the hospital instead. She'll probably join
                      in the future. (She and baby are doing well, just need to be on bed
                      rest for a while.)

                      Anyway, I wanted to reiterate Becca's message below for my part, as
                      well. And if no one minds having me, a stranger for the moment,
                      over, I'd be fine bringing something like a veggie tray, or as the
                      weather cools, baked goodies.

                      -Mari-

                      --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Boland
                      <rebeccaboland@g...> wrote:
                      > My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be
                      happy
                      > bake/bring treats for any get together!
                      >
                      > -Becca
                    • drywit1
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                        I'm just a mile from Joyce's home, on the same street.
                        -Mari-