Re: [logan2knits] A reminder and a question for the group

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23, 2005
      I can't make it this week, but Sundays actually sound pretty good to
      me. Wednesdays are hard, and will be even harder once I start school!
      I would love to be able to come back to the group!

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
        My concern is whether anyplace is open Sunday night. Is Cherubs
        available during that time?

        I would probably be able to make some Sundays, if not all, but the same
        goes for Wednesdays this fall. I just can't guarantee my availability
        either. I will talk to others tonight and see what they say.

        On Tuesday, August 23, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Annemarie Neff wrote:

        > Meeting reminder
        >
        > The August 24 meeting will be at:
        > El Cid 2
        > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
        > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
        > 773-395-0505
        >
        > Everybody interested in attending please email your r.s.v.p. to
        > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
        > afternoon.
        > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this week, I have a previous
        > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
        > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend meetings this fall,
        > unless we
        > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on August 29 and my
        > week
        > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two classes; one that
        > meets on
        > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets on Thursday night
        > and
        > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in leading the group
        > during
        > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the listserv and send
        > out
        > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to mess with it.)
        > Please email me off list at annemarie.neff@... or call me at
        > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
        > Sorry about this, but science calls...

        <image.tiff>

        <image.tiff>

      • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
          Sunday nights are better for me. I'd suggest that we
          might want to try a round robin location of willing
          households--I would be happy to have an evening at my
          home as we have room for 6-10 (or more) knitters, and
          then people could browse knitting books and swap or
          borrow needles, etc. farily easily.

          Ann

        • Lisa Phillips
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
            I think that's a great idea. We would all get to know
            different areas of the neighborhood, and maybe we
            could do a little potluck thing for snacks/drinks,
            saving a little cash for awhile.
            Lisa

            --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
              I like this idea too. Sunday nights at different households could be
              really fun.

              <image.tiff>

            • rachel
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                I'd be happy to offer up our living room for a Sunday night or two!

                :)

                rachel

                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                  My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be happy to
                  bake/bring treats for any get together!

                  -Becca

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                    I'll be at El Cid tonight!

                    Meeting in homes seems good to me.

                    My apartment is not in Logan Square, but I would be
                    happy to host if Addison & Lawndale is not too far to
                    travel.

                    --- Annemarie Neff <annemarie.neff@...> wrote:

                    > Meeting reminder
                    >
                    > The August 24 meeting will be at:
                    > El Cid 2
                    > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
                    > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
                    > 773-395-0505
                    >
                    > Everybody interested in attending please email your
                    > r.s.v.p. to
                    > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
                    > afternoon.
                    > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this
                    > week, I have a previous
                    > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
                    > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend
                    > meetings this fall, unless we
                    > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on
                    > August 29 and my week
                    > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two
                    > classes; one that meets on
                    > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets
                    > on Thursday night and
                    > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in
                    > leading the group during
                    > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the
                    > listserv and send out
                    > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to
                    > mess with it.)
                    > Please email me off list at
                    > annemarie.neff@... or call me at
                    > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
                    > Sorry about this, but science calls...

                    Joyce M. Fitzgerald

                    3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

                    bigwildonion@...
                    jfitzg7@...

                    (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                      Yeah, I'm not in Logan Square either, but I am easy to get to by bus.

                      <image.tiff>

                      <image.tiff>

                      <image.tiff>

                    • drywit1
                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                        Hi! I'm new to this group, but a couple of names are familiar from
                        Meetup.com. I hope to make one of the group's get-togethers soon.
                        Almost made it yesterday, but a friend went into premature labor and
                        I went to visit her at the hospital instead. She'll probably join
                        in the future. (She and baby are doing well, just need to be on bed
                        rest for a while.)

                        Anyway, I wanted to reiterate Becca's message below for my part, as
                        well. And if no one minds having me, a stranger for the moment,
                        over, I'd be fine bringing something like a veggie tray, or as the
                        weather cools, baked goodies.

                        -Mari-

                        --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Boland
                        <rebeccaboland@g...> wrote:
                        > My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be
                        happy
                        > bake/bring treats for any get together!
                        >
                        > -Becca
                      • drywit1
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                          I'm just a mile from Joyce's home, on the same street.
                          -Mari-