A reminder and a question for the group

  • Annemarie Neff
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 23, 2005
      Meeting reminder

      The August 24 meeting will be at:
      El Cid 2
      from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
      2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
      773-395-0505

      Everybody interested in attending please email your r.s.v.p. to
      logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
      afternoon.
      FYI... I will not be able to attend again this week, I have a previous
      engagement that can't be rescheduled.
      Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend meetings this fall, unless we
      reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on August 29 and my week
      looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two classes; one that meets on
      Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets on Thursday night and
      Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in leading the group during
      the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the listserv and send out
      meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to mess with it.)
      Please email me off list at annemarie.neff@... or call me at
      312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
      Sorry about this, but science calls...

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 23, 2005
        I can't make it this week, but Sundays actually sound pretty good to
        me. Wednesdays are hard, and will be even harder once I start school!
        I would love to be able to come back to the group!

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
          My concern is whether anyplace is open Sunday night. Is Cherubs
          available during that time?

          I would probably be able to make some Sundays, if not all, but the same
          goes for Wednesdays this fall. I just can't guarantee my availability
          either. I will talk to others tonight and see what they say.

          On Tuesday, August 23, 2005, at 11:40 AM, Annemarie Neff wrote:

          > Meeting reminder
          >
          > The August 24 meeting will be at:
          > El Cid 2
          > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
          > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
          > 773-395-0505
          >
          > Everybody interested in attending please email your r.s.v.p. to
          > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
          > afternoon.
          > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this week, I have a previous
          > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
          > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend meetings this fall,
          > unless we
          > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on August 29 and my
          > week
          > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two classes; one that
          > meets on
          > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets on Thursday night
          > and
          > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in leading the group
          > during
          > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the listserv and send
          > out
          > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to mess with it.)
          > Please email me off list at annemarie.neff@... or call me at
          > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
          > Sorry about this, but science calls...

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>

        • Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
            Sunday nights are better for me. I'd suggest that we
            might want to try a round robin location of willing
            households--I would be happy to have an evening at my
            home as we have room for 6-10 (or more) knitters, and
            then people could browse knitting books and swap or
            borrow needles, etc. farily easily.

            Ann

          • Lisa Phillips
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
              I think that's a great idea. We would all get to know
              different areas of the neighborhood, and maybe we
              could do a little potluck thing for snacks/drinks,
              saving a little cash for awhile.
              Lisa

              --- "Tim Carpenter, Ann Cibulskis" <tcarp8@...>

              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                I like this idea too. Sunday nights at different households could be
                really fun.

                <image.tiff>

              • rachel
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                  I'd be happy to offer up our living room for a Sunday night or two!

                  :)

                  rachel

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                    My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be happy to
                    bake/bring treats for any get together!

                    -Becca

                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                      I'll be at El Cid tonight!

                      Meeting in homes seems good to me.

                      My apartment is not in Logan Square, but I would be
                      happy to host if Addison & Lawndale is not too far to
                      travel.

                      --- Annemarie Neff <annemarie.neff@...> wrote:

                      > Meeting reminder
                      >
                      > The August 24 meeting will be at:
                      > El Cid 2
                      > from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
                      > 2645 N. Kedzie Ave.
                      > 773-395-0505
                      >
                      > Everybody interested in attending please email your
                      > r.s.v.p. to
                      > logan2knits@yahoogroups.com by 3:30 pm Wednesday
                      > afternoon.
                      > FYI... I will not be able to attend again this
                      > week, I have a previous
                      > engagement that can't be rescheduled.
                      > Also, it looks like I won't be able to attend
                      > meetings this fall, unless we
                      > reschedule for Sunday nights:(. My classes start on
                      > August 29 and my week
                      > looks pretty full this semester. I am taking two
                      > classes; one that meets on
                      > Monday and Wednesday nights; and another that meets
                      > on Thursday night and
                      > Saturday morning. Is there anybody interested in
                      > leading the group during
                      > the Fall semester? (I would be happy to maintain the
                      > listserv and send out
                      > meeting reminders if the volunteer doesn't want to
                      > mess with it.)
                      > Please email me off list at
                      > annemarie.neff@... or call me at
                      > 312-464-4423 to discuss what you would need to do.
                      > Sorry about this, but science calls...

                      Joyce M. Fitzgerald

                      3656 W. Eddy, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL 60618

                      bigwildonion@...
                      jfitzg7@...

                      (773) 580-7669 h, (312) 996-1014 w

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 24, 2005
                        Yeah, I'm not in Logan Square either, but I am easy to get to by bus.

                        <image.tiff>

                        <image.tiff>

                        <image.tiff>

                      • drywit1
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                          Hi! I'm new to this group, but a couple of names are familiar from
                          Meetup.com. I hope to make one of the group's get-togethers soon.
                          Almost made it yesterday, but a friend went into premature labor and
                          I went to visit her at the hospital instead. She'll probably join
                          in the future. (She and baby are doing well, just need to be on bed
                          rest for a while.)

                          Anyway, I wanted to reiterate Becca's message below for my part, as
                          well. And if no one minds having me, a stranger for the moment,
                          over, I'd be fine bringing something like a veggie tray, or as the
                          weather cools, baked goodies.

                          -Mari-

                          --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, Rebecca Boland
                          <rebeccaboland@g...> wrote:
                          > My apartment isn't really conducive to groups, but I would be
                          happy
                          > bake/bring treats for any get together!
                          >
                          > -Becca
                        • drywit1
                          Message 12 of 12 , Aug 25, 2005
                            I'm just a mile from Joyce's home, on the same street.
                            -Mari-