Re: [logan2knits] Yarn available, preferably for charity knitting

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
      H i Joyce, I dont know of any groups that need yarn. But if there is any fairly bulky, warm looking yarn suitable for hats, I would gladly take that. Margaret

      "Joyce M. Fitzgerald" <bigwildonion@...> wrote: Hello all--

      Perhaps you remember the grade school teacher who runs a knitting club
      at Stewart Elementary.

      Well the young knitters seem to have the best kind of problem--too
      much yarn! So the teacher needs to redistribute some of the bounty.
      There is time pressure, since she is moving soon.

      Does anyone know of a group--maybe a crafts class or a nursing
      home--that is looking for a wild variety of yarn? Do you know anyone
      who could use it for charity knitting projects?

      Just let me know!

    • tinaheiho@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
        Girls Rock Chicago would take any of the homeless yarn that is still available. I will be teaching a 'knitting rocks" workshop and will take any scraps i can get. The two projects i thought of were a 'sweatband' or a super skinny LONG scarf. By the way, if and Logan2knitters want to get rid of small balls of leftovers...that would be helpful as well. Thanks Joyce!
        From: margaret crozier <croziermargaret@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
          This is great!

          I will arrange to get the yarn from Polly.

          --- tinaheiho@... wrote:

          > Girls Rock Chicago would take any of the homeless
          > yarn that is still available. I will be teaching a
          > 'knitting rocks" workshop and will take any scraps i
          > can get. The two projects i thought of were a
          > 'sweatband' or a super skinny LONG scarf. By the
          > way, if and Logan2knitters want to get rid of small
          > balls of leftovers...that would be helpful as well.
          > Thanks Joyce!

        • Tara Schultz
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
            Tina,
            I have some acrylic yarn I can donate.
            Tara

          • tinaheiho@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 7, 2007
              Awesome! Maybe Chris can pick it up tonite when he sees your hubby. Tina
              From: "Tara Schultz" <schultz_tara@...>