Re: [logan2knits] Need advice

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2007
      Lee,

      When I'm having a problem like that I find that it helps me a lot to
      put a stitch marker after every repeat. For example:
      K1 - stitch marker - yo, k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k1 - stitch marker - yo,
      k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k1 -stitch marker and so on. If you do that you
      should have 1 stitch and 10 repeats of the 8 stitch pattern.

      If that doesn't work, check for errata for the pattern. It might not be you!

      I hope this helps!

      - Becca

      On 4/16/07, lilbee60618 <leestein@...> wrote:

      > I'm having a heck of a time with this pattern. Here's the deal:
      >
      > CO 81 sts
      > 1st row: k1, *yo, k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k1 (rep from * to end).
      > 2nd row: purl
      >
      > I've tried, and had to rip it out 5 times now. I'm concentrating so
      > much on this pattern, but everytime I finish the row, I come up with
      > less than 81 sts, and the pattern eventually becomes all weird and
      > lopsided. I checked the math but it seems to work out. Am I missing
      > something?
      >
      > I'm about to chuck this project completely.
      >
      > Frustrated,
      > Lee

    • Lee Samsami Stein
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 17, 2007
        Thank you I'll try the marker--that's a good idea!

        When I'm having a problem like that I find that it helps me a lot to
        put a stitch marker after every repeat. For example:
        K1 - stitch marker - yo, k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k1 - stitch marker - yo,
        k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k1 -stitch marker and so on. If you do that you
        should have 1 stitch and 10 repeats of the 8 stitch pattern.

        If that doesn't work, check for errata for the pattern. It might not be
        you!

        I hope this helps!

        - Becca

        On 4/16/07, lilbee60618 <leestein@...> wrote:

        > I'm having a heck of a time with this pattern. Here's the deal:
        >
        > CO 81 sts
        > 1st row: k1, *yo, k2, sk2p, k2, yo, k1 (rep from * to end).
        > 2nd row: purl
        >
        > I've tried, and had to rip it out 5 times now. I'm concentrating so
        > much on this pattern, but everytime I finish the row, I come up with
        > less than 81 sts, and the pattern eventually becomes all weird and
        > lopsided. I checked the math but it seems to work out. Am I missing
        > something?
        >
        > I'm about to chuck this project completely.
        >
        > Frustrated,
        > Lee

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • lilbee60618
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2007
          Becca--you rule. Thank you so much for the marker suggestion. It
          totally worked! And now I know that I had indeed made several mistakes
          before. (:-\) I feel sheepish!
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2007
            Lee,

            I'm so glad it worked. Don't feel sheepish . . . that's how I started
            using that method myself. I was making my first shawl and I cast on
            about 100 times and then started the first 2 rows 200 times and then
            finally put the stitch markers on. I don't know about you, but for me
            it's just hard to keep track of all those stitches!

            Happy Knitting!

            -Becca

            P.S. to the whole group. I graduate May 5th, so hopefully I will be
            able to get back to SnB soon! I miss it so much!!