Re: [logan2knits] in search of the perfect pattern

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10 5:52 AM
      Well, you could put the super thin yarn and the super
      big needles together. Knit a rectangle of plain
      stockingnet stitch with that and it will look lacy and
      amazing as a big scarf/shawl.

      Alternatively, I have tons of lace knitting patterns
      to share, many of which look much harder than they
      are. If you try a swatch of increases and decreases I
      think you will find them pretty straightforward, and
      it is paying attention to the combinations that
      creates lovely looks. Do you have something in
      particular you would like to make? Flat bits of lace
      are great for table decorations, bookmarks, pillow
      covers, etc.

      For those #50s, cut some cloth into strips or buy some
      thin clothesline and knit yourself a rug!

      Whew, I better go knit a few rows on my current
      projects before I get too carried away with something
      new myself!

      Ann

      --- Kelsey Byers <BLuDRoSe23@...> wrote:

      > My best friend just bought me some super nice yarn.
      > One of them is the Rowan Kidsilk
      > Haze....its super thin. I have 2 balls of it, but I
      > can get more. Just seeing if anyone has
      > any suggestions for a pattern than would be good for
      > this yarn. I do have some giant 50
      > needles I have always wanted to use as well...but it
      > doesnt matter. Just looking for a
      > pattern that is relatively simple....I have only
      > been knitting for a year.
      >
      > Thanks
      > Kelsey

    • k2yossk
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12 8:24 AM
        Hi - I just encountered the same problem a few months ago. After
        much searching for a good pattern, I used three balls of pale blue
        Kidsilk Haze to make a great shawl. The "pattern" is in the
        Alterknits book, but its so simple, there's no real pattern to
        follow.

        Using a Size 8 16" circular, cast on 90ish stitches (however many you
        need to join in the round and not stress your yarn too much).

        Join and knit until you run out of yarn. You end up with a long
        tube. You then get a piece of fabric slightly longer than your tube
        (I used a silk charmeuse in a complimentary shade of pale purple),
        surge the ends and feed it through the tube. Voila! Great shawl for
        nights out. I used three balls of Kidsilk, but I don't see why you
        couldn't use two and just have a shorter, more scarf-like contraption.

        btw - I'm new to the group, and am so excited about coming to my
        first meeting! I'll be bringing a friend who just moved to LSq and
        is starting to knit.

        Thanks!
        Kate Mathews

        --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter"