Re: Reclaimed Sweaters

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7 6:28 AM
      Cindy- please feel free to join us- we are a very unintimidating
      group! I am also a horrible knitter and I will happily knit in front
      of our kindhearted and generous people in our group in a way that I
      never would if I were say... at the airport or on the bus!

      Don't be shy! Come and knit with us!
      -Denise

      --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, cindyetta <cindyetta@...> wrote:

      > I am totally interested. I've not yet been to any of the meetings -
      partly
      > because I am a horrible knitter and am thus embarassed to do it in
      public. But, I
      > love working with felted sweaters.
      >
      > Cindy
      >
      > --- tinaheiho <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
      > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
      > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
      > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
      > > you would like to get together. Tina

      > TV dinner still cooling?
      > http://tv.yahoo.com/

    • cindyetta
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 7 9:48 AM
        In case anyone needs ideas of what to do with felted sweaters, I have compiled a
        bunch of my favorite felt project ideas and some of my projects in my flickr
        account:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/33575077@N00/tags/felty/

        I also love this flickr pool for ideas:
        http://www.flickr.com/groups/felt/pool/

        and these two books:
        Heartfelt
        http://www.amazon.com/Heartfelt-Projects-Stitched-Felted-Accessories/dp/0312362145/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289436&sr=8-1

        Second time cool: the art of chopping up a sweater
        http://www.amazon.com/Second-Time-Cool-Art-Chopping-Sweater/dp/1550379100/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289524&sr=1-1

        There are tons of things you can do with just one sweater!

        cindy

        --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tina,
        >
        > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
        > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
        > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
        > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
        > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
        > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
        > experience later in the year...!
        >
        > -Denise
        >
        > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
        > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
        > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
        > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
        > > you would like to get together. Tina

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
      • tinaheiho@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 7 2:10 PM
          I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all that the time is right. I figure we could all focus on smaller items the first time around...handbags, slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can craft away for hours! How does that sound to ya'll? Tina
          From: "blindlemonbolton" <denisebolton@...>
          > Hi Tina,
          >
          > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
          > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
          > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
          > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
          > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
          > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
          > experience later in the year...!
          >
          > -Denise
          >
          > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
          > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
          > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
          > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
          > > you would like to get together. Tina

        • Chelsea Voulgares
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 8 5:26 PM
            Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I don't have any sweaters I can
            reclaim, but I'd love to come see what other people are doing. And
            can bring a hat I'm working on.

            Weekday nights after 6pm, and weekends during the afternoon are best
            for me.

            --Chelsea

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 10 5:56 AM
              I was going to say that Fridays are good for me,
              except now I see that the next four, until april 13th,
              are all booked! And here I thought I was a
              stay-at-home kind of girl.

              Ann

              --- tinaheiho@... wrote:

              > I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all
              > that the time is right. I figure we could all focus
              > on smaller items the first time around...handbags,
              > slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up
              > to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for
              > times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can
              > count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can
              > craft away for hours! How does that sound to
              > ya'll? Tina

              Never miss an email again!
            • tinaheiho@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 10 7:24 AM
                Maybe we can revisit this next time we all meet. Everyone bring your calendars and we will compare notes. T.
                From: "Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter" <tcarp8@...>