Re: Reclaimed Sweaters

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
      Hi Tina,

      Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
      in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
      sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
      summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
      culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
      have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
      experience later in the year...!

      -Denise

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
        Cindy- please feel free to join us- we are a very unintimidating
        group! I am also a horrible knitter and I will happily knit in front
        of our kindhearted and generous people in our group in a way that I
        never would if I were say... at the airport or on the bus!

        Don't be shy! Come and knit with us!
        -Denise

        --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, cindyetta <cindyetta@...> wrote:

        > I am totally interested. I've not yet been to any of the meetings -
        partly
        > because I am a horrible knitter and am thus embarassed to do it in
        public. But, I
        > love working with felted sweaters.
        >
        > Cindy
        >
        > --- tinaheiho <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
        > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
        > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
        > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
        > > you would like to get together. Tina

        > TV dinner still cooling?
        > http://tv.yahoo.com/

      • cindyetta
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
          In case anyone needs ideas of what to do with felted sweaters, I have compiled a
          bunch of my favorite felt project ideas and some of my projects in my flickr
          account:
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/33575077@N00/tags/felty/

          I also love this flickr pool for ideas:
          http://www.flickr.com/groups/felt/pool/

          and these two books:
          Heartfelt
          http://www.amazon.com/Heartfelt-Projects-Stitched-Felted-Accessories/dp/0312362145/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289436&sr=8-1

          Second time cool: the art of chopping up a sweater
          http://www.amazon.com/Second-Time-Cool-Art-Chopping-Sweater/dp/1550379100/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289524&sr=1-1

          There are tons of things you can do with just one sweater!

          cindy

          --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:

          > Hi Tina,
          >
          > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
          > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
          > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
          > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
          > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
          > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
          > experience later in the year...!
          >
          > -Denise
          >
          > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
          > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
          > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
          > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
          > > you would like to get together. Tina

          Bored stiff? Loosen up...
          http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
        • tinaheiho@comcast.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
            I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all that the time is right. I figure we could all focus on smaller items the first time around...handbags, slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can craft away for hours! How does that sound to ya'll? Tina
            From: "blindlemonbolton" <denisebolton@...>
            > Hi Tina,
            >
            > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
            > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
            > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
            > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
            > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
            > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
            > experience later in the year...!
            >
            > -Denise
            >
            > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
            > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
            > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
            > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
            > > you would like to get together. Tina

          • Chelsea Voulgares
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 8, 2007
              Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I don't have any sweaters I can
              reclaim, but I'd love to come see what other people are doing. And
              can bring a hat I'm working on.

              Weekday nights after 6pm, and weekends during the afternoon are best
              for me.

              --Chelsea

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                I was going to say that Fridays are good for me,
                except now I see that the next four, until april 13th,
                are all booked! And here I thought I was a
                stay-at-home kind of girl.

                Ann

                --- tinaheiho@... wrote:

                > I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all
                > that the time is right. I figure we could all focus
                > on smaller items the first time around...handbags,
                > slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up
                > to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for
                > times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can
                > count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can
                > craft away for hours! How does that sound to
                > ya'll? Tina

                Never miss an email again!
              • tinaheiho@comcast.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                  Maybe we can revisit this next time we all meet. Everyone bring your calendars and we will compare notes. T.
                  From: "Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter" <tcarp8@...>