Re: [logan2knits] Reclaimed Sweaters

    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 6, 2007
      I'd love to attend--hard to say when is good--NOT
      Wednesday nights, Saturday afternoons tend to be good
      for me--random Sundays--

      Whenever works for you I will try my darndest to get
      there!

      Thanks,

      Ann

      --- tinaheiho <tinaheiho@...> wrote:

      > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of
      > our reclaimed/
      > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing
      > machines... I also
      > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew
      > items together...now
      > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is
      > interested and when
      > you would like to get together. Tina

      Be a PS3 game guru.
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
        Hi Tina,

        Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
        in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
        sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
        summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
        culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
        have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
        experience later in the year...!

        -Denise

        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
          Cindy- please feel free to join us- we are a very unintimidating
          group! I am also a horrible knitter and I will happily knit in front
          of our kindhearted and generous people in our group in a way that I
          never would if I were say... at the airport or on the bus!

          Don't be shy! Come and knit with us!
          -Denise

          --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, cindyetta <cindyetta@...> wrote:

          > I am totally interested. I've not yet been to any of the meetings -
          partly
          > because I am a horrible knitter and am thus embarassed to do it in
          public. But, I
          > love working with felted sweaters.
          >
          > Cindy
          >
          > --- tinaheiho <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
          > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
          > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
          > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
          > > you would like to get together. Tina

          > TV dinner still cooling?
          > http://tv.yahoo.com/

        • cindyetta
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
            In case anyone needs ideas of what to do with felted sweaters, I have compiled a
            bunch of my favorite felt project ideas and some of my projects in my flickr
            account:
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/33575077@N00/tags/felty/

            I also love this flickr pool for ideas:
            http://www.flickr.com/groups/felt/pool/

            and these two books:
            Heartfelt
            http://www.amazon.com/Heartfelt-Projects-Stitched-Felted-Accessories/dp/0312362145/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289436&sr=8-1

            Second time cool: the art of chopping up a sweater
            http://www.amazon.com/Second-Time-Cool-Art-Chopping-Sweater/dp/1550379100/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289524&sr=1-1

            There are tons of things you can do with just one sweater!

            cindy

            --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:

            > Hi Tina,
            >
            > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
            > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
            > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
            > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
            > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
            > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
            > experience later in the year...!
            >
            > -Denise
            >
            > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
            > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
            > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
            > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
            > > you would like to get together. Tina

            Bored stiff? Loosen up...
            http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
          • tinaheiho@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
              I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all that the time is right. I figure we could all focus on smaller items the first time around...handbags, slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can craft away for hours! How does that sound to ya'll? Tina
              From: "blindlemonbolton" <denisebolton@...>
              > Hi Tina,
              >
              > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
              > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
              > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
              > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
              > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
              > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
              > experience later in the year...!
              >
              > -Denise
              >
              > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
              > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
              > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
              > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
              > > you would like to get together. Tina

            • Chelsea Voulgares
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 8, 2007
                Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I don't have any sweaters I can
                reclaim, but I'd love to come see what other people are doing. And
                can bring a hat I'm working on.

                Weekday nights after 6pm, and weekends during the afternoon are best
                for me.

                --Chelsea

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                  I was going to say that Fridays are good for me,
                  except now I see that the next four, until april 13th,
                  are all booked! And here I thought I was a
                  stay-at-home kind of girl.

                  Ann

                  --- tinaheiho@... wrote:

                  > I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all
                  > that the time is right. I figure we could all focus
                  > on smaller items the first time around...handbags,
                  > slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up
                  > to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for
                  > times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can
                  > count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can
                  > craft away for hours! How does that sound to
                  > ya'll? Tina

                  Never miss an email again!
                • tinaheiho@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                    Maybe we can revisit this next time we all meet. Everyone bring your calendars and we will compare notes. T.
                    From: "Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter" <tcarp8@...>