Reclaimed Sweaters

  • tinaheiho
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 5, 2007
      Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
      felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
      have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
      the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
      you would like to get together. Tina
    • cindyetta
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 5, 2007
        I am totally interested. I've not yet been to any of the meetings - partly
        because I am a horrible knitter and am thus embarassed to do it in public. But, I
        love working with felted sweaters.

        Cindy

        --- tinaheiho <tinaheiho@...> wrote:

        > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
        > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
        > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
        > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
        > you would like to get together. Tina

        TV dinner still cooling?
        http://tv.yahoo.com/
      • Nicole V
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 6, 2007
          I'm available most nights after 6 or so. I work and go to school
          until about 5 Tuesday-Friday. Can we also try some t-shirt redesign?
          Those are the things I really want to take care of before all the
          sweaters I got.

          -Coley

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 6, 2007
            I'd love to attend--hard to say when is good--NOT
            Wednesday nights, Saturday afternoons tend to be good
            for me--random Sundays--

            Whenever works for you I will try my darndest to get
            there!

            Thanks,

            Ann

            --- tinaheiho <tinaheiho@...> wrote:

            > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of
            > our reclaimed/
            > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing
            > machines... I also
            > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew
            > items together...now
            > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is
            > interested and when
            > you would like to get together. Tina

            Be a PS3 game guru.
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
              Hi Tina,

              Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
              in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
              sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
              summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
              culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
              have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
              experience later in the year...!

              -Denise

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
                Cindy- please feel free to join us- we are a very unintimidating
                group! I am also a horrible knitter and I will happily knit in front
                of our kindhearted and generous people in our group in a way that I
                never would if I were say... at the airport or on the bus!

                Don't be shy! Come and knit with us!
                -Denise

                --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, cindyetta <cindyetta@...> wrote:

                > I am totally interested. I've not yet been to any of the meetings -
                partly
                > because I am a horrible knitter and am thus embarassed to do it in
                public. But, I
                > love working with felted sweaters.
                >
                > Cindy
                >
                > --- tinaheiho <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
                > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
                > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
                > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
                > > you would like to get together. Tina

                > TV dinner still cooling?
                > http://tv.yahoo.com/

              • cindyetta
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
                  In case anyone needs ideas of what to do with felted sweaters, I have compiled a
                  bunch of my favorite felt project ideas and some of my projects in my flickr
                  account:
                  http://www.flickr.com/photos/33575077@N00/tags/felty/

                  I also love this flickr pool for ideas:
                  http://www.flickr.com/groups/felt/pool/

                  and these two books:
                  Heartfelt
                  http://www.amazon.com/Heartfelt-Projects-Stitched-Felted-Accessories/dp/0312362145/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289436&sr=8-1

                  Second time cool: the art of chopping up a sweater
                  http://www.amazon.com/Second-Time-Cool-Art-Chopping-Sweater/dp/1550379100/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/102-9337323-7928902?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173289524&sr=1-1

                  There are tons of things you can do with just one sweater!

                  cindy

                  --- blindlemonbolton <denisebolton@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Tina,
                  >
                  > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
                  > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
                  > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
                  > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
                  > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
                  > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
                  > experience later in the year...!
                  >
                  > -Denise
                  >
                  > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
                  > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
                  > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
                  > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
                  > > you would like to get together. Tina

                  Bored stiff? Loosen up...
                  http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
                • tinaheiho@comcast.net
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 7, 2007
                    I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all that the time is right. I figure we could all focus on smaller items the first time around...handbags, slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can craft away for hours! How does that sound to ya'll? Tina
                    From: "blindlemonbolton" <denisebolton@...>
                    > Hi Tina,
                    >
                    > Thanks so much for offering to host. Were you thinking of doing this
                    > in the near future? I'm asking because I don't have nearly enough
                    > sweaters yet to make a blanket, and don't expect that I will until the
                    > summer or maybe even the fall (especially since we all seem to be
                    > culling our sweaters from the same thrift shop!). Maybe everyone will
                    > have such a great time that you'll just want to repeat the whole
                    > experience later in the year...!
                    >
                    > -Denise
                    >
                    > --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "tinaheiho" <tinaheiho@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Okay ladies...I'll host a salvage party for all of our reclaimed/
                    > > felted sweaters. I'll set up a couple of sewing machines... I also
                    > > have some tapestry yarn that works great to sew items together...now
                    > > the big question...schedules. Let me know who is interested and when
                    > > you would like to get together. Tina

                  • Chelsea Voulgares
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 8, 2007
                      Hi everyone! I'm new to the group. I don't have any sweaters I can
                      reclaim, but I'd love to come see what other people are doing. And
                      can bring a hat I'm working on.

                      Weekday nights after 6pm, and weekends during the afternoon are best
                      for me.

                      --Chelsea

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                        I was going to say that Fridays are good for me,
                        except now I see that the next four, until april 13th,
                        are all booked! And here I thought I was a
                        stay-at-home kind of girl.

                        Ann

                        --- tinaheiho@... wrote:

                        > I am happy to host when ever I hear from you all
                        > that the time is right. I figure we could all focus
                        > on smaller items the first time around...handbags,
                        > slippers, cute little cuddly things...then work up
                        > to the big stuff! Any body have any preference for
                        > times/dates? Friday eves are good for me as I can
                        > count on my hubby being out of the house, and we can
                        > craft away for hours! How does that sound to
                        > ya'll? Tina

                        Never miss an email again!
                      • tinaheiho@comcast.net
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 10, 2007
                          Maybe we can revisit this next time we all meet. Everyone bring your calendars and we will compare notes. T.
                          From: "Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter" <tcarp8@...>