1047Re: in search of the perfect pattern

  • k2yossk
    Mar 12, 2007
      Hi - I just encountered the same problem a few months ago. After
      much searching for a good pattern, I used three balls of pale blue
      Kidsilk Haze to make a great shawl. The "pattern" is in the
      Alterknits book, but its so simple, there's no real pattern to
      follow.

      Using a Size 8 16" circular, cast on 90ish stitches (however many you
      need to join in the round and not stress your yarn too much).

      Join and knit until you run out of yarn. You end up with a long
      tube. You then get a piece of fabric slightly longer than your tube
      (I used a silk charmeuse in a complimentary shade of pale purple),
      surge the ends and feed it through the tube. Voila! Great shawl for
      nights out. I used three balls of Kidsilk, but I don't see why you
      couldn't use two and just have a shorter, more scarf-like contraption.

      btw - I'm new to the group, and am so excited about coming to my
      first meeting! I'll be bringing a friend who just moved to LSq and
      is starting to knit.

      Thanks!
      Kate Mathews

      --- In logan2knits@yahoogroups.com, "Ann Cibulskis, Tim Carpenter"