Re: Fireblade engined locost (advice sought)

  • Andrew Kiss
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2000
      Hi Mark
      I'm putting a CBR1000F engine into a locost. I would suggest you speak to
      Stuart Taylor Motorsport, they have done a Fireblade installation. Having
      seen the car at the Exeter show I have ordered
      a propshaft and adaptor (�305-50 inc vat). I'm going to install the rear
      axle, then propshaft, and then put the engine in; and try to make it as much
      a structural component as possible. If you want to see a neat execution
      look at the Westfield; it's got a cruciform which picks up on each corner of
      the engine bay, v.tidy. I'm not using reverse, but whether you do or do not
      you will need to have some sort of axial float in the propshaft to allow for
      axle movement, unless you go i.r.s. Hope this is of some help, regards
      Andrew