Re: [locost] Auto ins, spam... Hello List Admin!!!

  • Pat Patterson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18, 2011
      Uh List admin? We have a problem!

      At 06:41 PM 7/18/2011, you wrote:

      >Title: Auto insurance, reduce costs but maintain protection
      >
      >Date: Tuesday July 19, 2011
      >Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
      >Repeats: This event repeats every day.

      Pat Patterson
      Abbotsford, BC, Canada

      2001 PT Cruiser
      83 450 Honda Nighthawk
      78 F350 460/C6 on propane
      71 Bronco 302/C4/D20 D44/9"

      Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people
      to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of
      the roads weren't paved.

      "If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon."

    • Robert
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18, 2011
        Yep, and not just on this group either, it seams to be a growing
        problem. On one other group i'm with the owner sent out an email to all
        the members asking for a reply to his email and those that didn't reply
        have been cut from the group. Haven't had anymore spam on the group for
        about two months or so now.

        Rob

        On 19/07/2011 2:04 PM, Pat Patterson wrote:

        > Uh List admin? We have a problem!
        >
        > At 06:41 PM 7/18/2011, you wrote:

        > Yahoo! Group
        > >
        > >Title: Auto insurance, reduce costs but maintain protection
        > >
        > >Date: Tuesday July 19, 2011
        > >Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
        > >Repeats: This event repeats every day.
        >
        > Pat Patterson
        > Abbotsford, BC, Canada
        >
        > 2001 PT Cruiser
        > 83 450 Honda Nighthawk
        > 78 F350 460/C6 on propane
        > 71 Bronco 302/C4/D20 D44/9"
        >
        > Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people
        > to know "why" I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of
        > the roads weren't paved.
        >
        > "If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon."

      • Wragie
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 18, 2011
          Log onto the list website. Open the calender pick the tasks tab (or
          the one next to it)
          It will show a list click show all, click the check all and then
          delete. It will say they are about 9 repeating items
          but will clean this out. Otherwise you will get these every friggin
          day as long as you are on the list.

          It should also show the name of the twit who did it. I just killed it
          before looking. Was going to unsubscribble.

          Perhaps Mr Mod could turn off some of the available options ;-]

          Dave

        • jnahughes@googlemail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 22, 2011
            I checked the tasks as soon as I saw the problem, but I think Yahoo beat me to it - no repeating tasks.

            Not sure how it was done, beats me why they think it worthwhile.

            James, Mod.