Ford 3.0l v6?

  • justabmwguy
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 17, 2009
      Anybody built or thought of building a Locost with a 3.0L v6 from a ranger or (gasp) taurus? The FWD 3.0L can be adapted to RWD. The only transmission I know of for RWD though is the ranger tranny. The nice thing about these little V6's is that they are plentiful and compact. Hope to hear from anybody else who has built one or is contemplating it.
    • Tim Wakefield
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 18, 2009
        I had a Taurus SHO until a short time ago and the thought of using that motor did cross my mind, although getting those beautiful inlet manifolds under a Locost hood could have been a problem. I'm now proceeding with my original Locost, Lotech Chevy 2.8

        Tim
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2009
          v6 its ok if you have one and its free,the point of the locost is locost.As it seems alot of people havent the discipline to keep true to its namesake.A four is plenty of power...most v6 weight as much as a four.but now you have dual exhaust and bigger brakes and the drive train creats more weight the chassis is a little heavier.
          If you have one use it but I feel a four almost any four is in keeping with the original design of colin chapman.which should be applauded for its functional road dressed running chassis.That has a bodied car look to it in finished form when it is only a chassis with a nose cone and four cycle fenders .
             Just keeping the cost dirt cheap is the over all goal as I see it.One donor car for all running gear and mounting hardware and to keep registration straight forward and trouble LESS.