Pics and Windshields

  • brian120654
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      All,

      Hi... My name is Brian Ingraham and I'm in Houston, TX. I recently
      picked up a Locost off of eBay from M and S Autos in Bradenton, FL.
      Even though it's turned out to be something less than what was
      advertised as far as the overall condition is concerned, it's
      basically a sound vehicle and will be a gas to drive once the little
      bugs are all worked out. Most of the major problems concern the
      electricals (inoperative horn circuit, high beams, panel lighting)
      and a sloppy front suspension. The wheels were corroded and there
      wasn't a single tire on the car that matched any of the others.

      With a rebuilt front end and new wheels/tires, I should be able to
      get the thing aligned and the suspension set up properly. I've also
      removed the spare tire mount as I've installed directional tires and
      am not planning on carrying a spare, anyway. I have also purchased a
      ported/polished head, Pinto tubular exhaust, free-flow intake
      manifold, upgraded cam and Weber 32/26 carburetor to help the 1.3L
      breath a little easier, although I'm waiting for the head to be
      completed before installing any of it. I'm also looking for a 1.6L
      block to pump up the cubes as the last bit of improvements under the
      hood (for a while, at least!). I have also purchased 10" wings from
      Champion Motor Cars in Alabama to cover the wider tires I've
      installed, but I need to have a broken wing mount welded before I can
      complete that installation.

      In case anybody is interested, I've posted a few initial photos
      under "Brian's Locost" in the "Photos" link. I'll try to keep them
      up to date.

      For those who may have struggled through the rest of the post, I have
      a question. I've purchased the windshield kit, also from Champion
      Motor Cars, and I must admit that it's something less than a "bolt-
      on". My question... does anyone have any experience with their kit?
      In any event, any advice on fitting and finishing the windshield
      would be appreciated.

      I look forward to sharing info with the group and perhaps attending
      whatever get-togethers may be scheduled.

      Regards,

      Brian
    • Steve Carter
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hey Brian,

        Better to join and post to the Locost North America group for US specific
        questions. Many of us on the list have experience with CMC. Here's the
        link to the group:

        -Steve