Re: [locost] Couger GTS shocks

  • Rick Hargraves
    Message 1 of 30 , Apr 1, 2004
      Hi Iain,

      If you join the Westy Club in Bris they have "test & tune" days about 4
      times a year at Morgan Park for about $25 for a half day.

      You will need them then.

      Cheers,
      Tricky H.
      Aussie GAZshocks
      rhargrav@...
      http://www.whitepointer.com.au
      http://www.dampertech.co.uk
      Message 2 of 30 , Apr 1, 2004
        Hi Rick ,
        will keep that in mind when I get that far ,
        best wishes
        Iain

        > I understand where you are coming from and it is good to have some scope
        in the initial set up but as to changing the set-up once the car is in use I
        don't think that many people do it .Will have to decide what to do about
        suspension sooner or later but to be honest I'm not planning to race my car
        in any way at all so I will be happy just to have adjustable spring
        platforms on my shocks .Dampening adjustability well I don't rightly know
        where to go there other than following the softly sprung firmly damped
        route. As you are in the shockie game I expect that you would be good for
        advice .
        > best wishes
        > Iain

        Service.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Keith Williams
        Message 3 of 30 , Apr 1, 2004
          wayne- i doubt seriously if anyone else was driving. when keith mcclure sold it to wayne eeley it had belonged to a real klutz who put the bars in the control arms the same top and bottom and of course drew the logical conclusion the reason it had excess camber was because THE SPRINGS WERE TOO LONG! so he shortened em! i traded my english 49 anglia for it in crates. had to make a pattern and have a clutch throwout push bracket cast and the arm to actuate it. also it had a 1/2 british std fine LH nut missing that retained the sprocket to the tranny, so i remembered 1/2 bsf was 20 tpi and 60 deg profile same as amer. nf so i skinnied up a LH oldsmobile wheel lug nut and the rest was history. the blonde dau. ended up a real beauty and is about 42 now living in dallas and teaching gymnastics to lil kids, since i educated her at bauder fash. college to be a fashion model and fash. merchandiser. she enjoys her 95 hd sportster custom and a 900cc triumph 3-cyl. watercooled legend.
          actually, she enjoys the turnip and rides the hawg enuf to keep the batt.charged. I painted it blue and ken miller painted the 250 honda one amythist poly. that is the pair you saw. we had some memorable races with fred rice's messerschmitt and bob sawyer's bmw isetta 250 cc around the osage theater block, pity noone realized it was a race! when i gave up on the shifting pop rivits i traded earl buster in nowata for a 61 bugeye. them were the days. sorry to prattle on so but you hit a nerve! warmest regards---

          Wayne Evans <Wevans1138@...> wrote:I grew up in Bartlesville from first grade in 1955 till High school when City's transferred us to Tulsa in 1964.
          I remember your car tooling around town. If I'm correct you had a blond daughter who rode around with you when she might have been 6 or 7. Just guessing. I remember seeing both Berkeleys parked at the Peningotn Hills shopping center one time in the same parking space. They are very small. The other one was purple I think. It was a long time ago. I ran into a guy here in Houston who had a Berkeley and a fiat double bubble both. He was surprised I knew what a Berkeley was. I'm pretty sure I talked to you in person onetime about the car. Unless this was someone else who owned the car before you.
          Wayne
          Message 4 of 30 , Apr 1, 2004
            Keith, So you're about 65 years old I'd guess as I'm 55. I don't know how many times I've told somebody about the little Berkekey and the girl with the blond hair. Just one of those images that stick in your head. She seemed to enjoy it so.
            I lived on Michigan between Elmhurst and Wilshire. I saw the car a number of time around the neighborhood so I'm guessing you may have lived close by as well. The world is a very small place. Thirty years and it pops up again. I live in Houston today. Texaslocost.homestead.com

            Message 5 of 30 , Apr 2, 2004
              actually i'm 68 and still live on myers just 2 houses n. of tuxedo. that fiat abarth zagato you spoke of used to sorta turn me on. the other was a "boy racer" which was a coupe version of the 850 spyder i think. almost tempted to buy one off a car lot once but the mtr was a wipeout and wasn't sure i could find something to fit.

              Wayne Evans <Wevans1138@...> wrote:Keith, So you're about 65 years old I'd guess as I'm 55. I don't know how many times I've told somebody about the little Berkekey and the girl with the blond hair. Just one of those images that stick in your head. She seemed to enjoy it so.