X flow 1300 LC or HC

  • Chris Leonard
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi all,

      just put my engine back together ready for final (I hope) fitting. A
      question: In the Haynes manual it gives initial timing degrees for LC (low
      compression) and HC (high compression).
      - how can you tell what version the engine is

      thanks Chris

      http://www.star.net.uk
    • James Hughes
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
        The LC version was I think only put in vans, so I guess if the engine came
        from a car then you have an HC one. It explained in the a book I thought I
        had here, but I must have taken it home. Will try to remember to look it up
        later.

        James

        just put my engine back together ready for final (I hope) fitting. A
        question: In the Haynes manual it gives initial timing degrees for LC (low
        compression) and HC (high compression).
        - how can you tell what version the engine is

        thanks Chris

        The information contained in this e-mail message (and any attachment
        transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the
        exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not an addressee, any
        disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this
        communication in error, please contact us immediately so that we can correct
        the error.
      • James Hughes
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
          AhHa,

          I will email myself to look it up..

          James

          I have no idea of the origin of the engine although I'm pretty sure it is a
          legal one. Its now an amalgamation of two engines so if anyone needs a
          piston or any other bits let me know

          Chris

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
              --- In locost@yahoogroups.com, James Hughes <james.hughes@l...> wrote:
              > The LC version was I think only put in vans, so I guess if the
              engine came
              Slightly chambered head instead of flat.

              yours, Pete.
            • Gareth Jones
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 1, 2003
                > > The LC version was I think only put in vans, so I guess if the
                > engine came
                > Slightly chambered head instead of flat.
                >
                > yours, Pete.

                IIRC the chambered head could also be found in the GT motor.

                Gareth