RE: [locost] Re: Two more pictures of MK new Midi...

  • James Hughes
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2002
      Ignoring push rods, what about a simple inboard shocks system using rocker
      arms? Cheap to do and reduces unsprung weight - that wouldn't be a problem.
      On the other hand, the Radical uses outboard shock but does have the Nik
      link system, and that's has fantastic handling.

      Also would like to see some adjustment on the suspension mount points etc,
      to get that right, but as you say, its a development car so needs must when
      you have a show to go to.

      Still seriously thinking of getting one for the 750MC Bike series, if its
      eligible. Will have a good shuftie at Stoneleight.

      James

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2002
        PS.Just looked at the ADR Site - Damn, that one looks good as well. Choices
        choices.

        James

        Yup I can see that, just seems like a missed oportunity to me - and I
        could well be speaking out of turn as for all I know the picture
        posted could be the most basic of mock ups just using what was to
        hand - but a push rod and lever (maybe even a rose joint here and
        there) wouldn't break the bank, phone up your nearest University with
        an engineering department and you'd probably get it designed and
        tested for next to nothing as part of someones final year project.

        Bet that bodywork wont leave you much change from £1000 if it's
        anyway decent btw :)

        Dave

        < http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> >
        Service.

        http://www.linx.co.uk/ <http://www.linx.co.uk/>
        This e-mail may contain privileged/confidential information and may be
        read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you have received
        it in error, please contact the sender by return e-mail or by
        telephoning +44 (0)1480 302100.
        Please then delete the e-mail and do not disclose its contents to any
        person.

        Any information in this message that does not relate to the official
        business of Linx shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by Linx.
        We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through our
        internal and external networks.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupweb/S=17052952
        67:HM/A=1036972/R=0/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=3466> Click Here!

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.2021092.3499911.1829184/D=egroupmai
        l/S=1705295267:HM/A=1036972/rand=322324010>