A plea (O/T -ish)

  • d_w_jenkins
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 1, 2002
      Before having a public rant and storming off the group, will people
      please look at the most recent posts and see if the situation has
      changed.

      The last week or so has been quite pleasant - several dozen posts a
      day, mostly on Locost building, with plenty of light-hearted banter.

      If you still want to leave the group then that's fair enough. Just
      leave out the rant and give the remainder a fighting chance to get
      back to normal.

      David

      P.S. I promise not to post off-topic again (not for a while, anyway!)

      P.P.S. I'm up to my 3rd panel!
    • Dougie
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 1, 2002
        David

        Well said mate.

        It would be instructive to know whether as a general rule (I hate those)
        people are more inclined to your point of view than those expressed last
        night by Mr. Gusterson.

        Dougie

        > Before having a public rant and storming off the group, will people
        > please look at the most recent posts and see if the situation has
        > changed.
        >
        > The last week or so has been quite pleasant - several dozen posts a
        > day, mostly on Locost building, with plenty of light-hearted banter.
        >
        > If you still want to leave the group then that's fair enough. Just
        > leave out the rant and give the remainder a fighting chance to get
        > back to normal.

      • Tony Cortez
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 1, 2002
          Dougie
          You know it may not be a bad thing that certain people go
          and create their own group. Bottom line very few messages
          could actually be classified as inappropriate. Most of the
          so called "crap" traffic was generated by the people
          complaining about the "crap" in the first place. That should
          take care of much of the excess O/T traffic, leaving those
          who have a genuine interest in all things Locost including
          the inevitable bit of levity and bench racing, which is to
          be expected in any group interested in any form of motorized fun.
          Tony Cortez

          It would be instructive to know whether as a general rule (I hate those)
          people are more inclined to your point of view than those expressed last
          night by Mr. Gusterson.

          Dougie

          > Before having a public rant and storming off the group, will people
          > please look at the most recent posts and see if the situation has
          > changed.
          >
          > The last week or so has been quite pleasant - several dozen posts a
          > day, mostly on Locost building, with plenty of light-hearted banter.
          >
          > If you still want to leave the group then that's fair enough. Just
          > leave out the rant and give the remainder a fighting chance to get
          > back to normal.

        • stephen_gusterson
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 1, 2002
            --- In locost@y..., "Dougie" <dougie@c...> wrote:
            > David
            >
            > Well said mate.
            >
            > It would be instructive to know whether as a general rule (I hate
            those)
            > people are more inclined to your point of view than those expressed
            last
            > night by Mr. Gusterson.
            >

            > Dougie

            You could post a poll..........

            Actually, I think I added some support to the group - there was
            definatly a line in there asking people not to leave. I just stated
            that I thought things were not better in all ways.

            I didnt rant - that was the poster I responded to who did rant and
            throw in the towel.

            Im still here, and I asked the aussies to stay with us too.

            Thank you also for your two long directly mailed emails, and also the
            even longer one from Wally.

            I am basically on your side of order, and friendlyness, but I just
            disagreed with the way it was done.

            I recon we should agree to have our own points of view and just move
            on.

            This, like my other post, is not in any way a rant.

            From a most polite and calm

            Steve
          • troppolad
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 1, 2002
              dont worry steve, not all the OZ contingent left, i`m still
              here!!! ;) lol
              i really dont care where in the world your from i feel that i can
              learn from everyones knowledge and experiencei still lurk on the site
              every afternoon to get my locost fix lol
              cheers
              troppo

              --- In locost@y..., "stephen_gusterson" <stephen.gusterson@n...>
              wrote:
              > --- In locost@y..., "Dougie" <dougie@c...> wrote:
              > > David
              > >
              > > Well said mate.
              > >
              > > It would be instructive to know whether as a general rule (I hate
              > those)
              > > people are more inclined to your point of view than those
              expressed
              > last
              > > night by Mr. Gusterson.
              > >

              > > Dougie
              >

              > You could post a poll..........
              >

              > Actually, I think I added some support to the group - there was
              > definatly a line in there asking people not to leave. I just stated
              > that I thought things were not better in all ways.
              >
              > I didnt rant - that was the poster I responded to who did rant and
              > throw in the towel.
              >
              > Im still here, and I asked the aussies to stay with us too.
              >
              > Thank you also for your two long directly mailed emails, and also
              the
              > even longer one from Wally.
              >
              > I am basically on your side of order, and friendlyness, but I just
              > disagreed with the way it was done.
              >
              > I recon we should agree to have our own points of view and just
              move
              > on.
              >
              > This, like my other post, is not in any way a rant.
              >
              > From a most polite and calm
              >
              > Steve
            • stevejabb
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 2, 2002
                Steve,
                > "Im still here, and I asked the aussies to stay with us too."

                I think most are still here. I think I am. I'm just the shy, retiring
                type. Easily missed in a crowd :)
                Too much interesting, important stuff going on here to leave.

                Cheers
                Steve Abbott
                (Tas, Oz. Slipping back into the shadows)
              • Dougie
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 2, 2002
                  Stephen

                  > You could post a poll..........

                  I could but I'm not going to. I have always said this is not a democracy.
                  People who come to this list can accept it the way it is or leave and start
                  their own.

                  > Actually, I think I added some support to the group - there was
                  > definatly a line in there asking people not to leave. I just stated
                  > that I thought things were not better in all ways.
                  >
                  > I didnt rant - that was the poster I responded to who did rant and
                  > throw in the towel.

                  The guy who left unsubbed immediately after sending his post - he never saw
                  your response as is the case with many who unsub but choose to crap on the
                  doorstep before leaving.

                  > Im still here, and I asked the aussies to stay with us too.

                  Your post implies that there has been a migration of biblical proportions
                  since last week, in fact membership has dropped by 10 to 1124.

                  The tone of your post is quite clear from your message no matter what you
                  say you meant to say. Can I please refer you to No 2 of the house rules.

                  2. Be mindful of other people's feelings. It is easy for a reader to
                  mistake your "tone of voice" in an e-mail. If you are discussing a hot
                  topic, hold the e-mail for a few hours after you've written it and
                  reread it later. Be careful of areas that could be misinterpreted.

                  Your habit of posting online perhaps mitigates against the above suggestion.

                  > Thank you also for your two long directly mailed emails, and also the
                  > even longer one from Wally.

                  Just trying to keep the noise off the list. I notice however you have
                  brought it back.

                  > I am basically on your side of order, and friendlyness, but I just
                  > disagreed with the way it was done.

                  As far as I can see it has worked and the list is returning to a semblance
                  of order and the majority of posts are about building cars. Any more
                  "democratic" approach to last week would have meant it would still be being
                  argued about next month at this time.

                  > I recon we should agree to have our own points of view and just move
                  > on.

                  I hope we can. Please resist the temptation to agree with people who are
                  basically a week out of touch with reality.

                  Not ranting either
                  Dougie
                • David Jenkins
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 2, 2002
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 2, 2002
                      As long as we don't do group hugs... I am 5' tall
                      crowded elevators and group hugs smell very "different"
                      to me...:-)

                      Tony Cortez

                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 2, 2002
                        Tony,
                        I can see it now from your perspective......
                        Esko