RE: [locost] badges

  • Tony Cortez
    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 31, 2001
      Did I miss something? How the heck does one translate :

      > Naming your car is harder than naming your kids

      Into

      >that a car comes ahead of a kid

      Tony Cortez

          > The rant was based on a couple of beers and splitting a nice bottle of red
          with
          > one of my sons over dinner, definately not speaking in algebra but also
          > definately over the 0.05 limit.
          >
          > I have no association with the school other than it is the local HS and my
          three
          > children ( 2nd marriage ) all attended.
          >
          > I used to teach telecommunications technology, that was a pain in the
          a***, now
          > I just design solutions for the same.
          >
          > I do like the name Plaga 7, given what we are all doing it is quite a nice
          > touch, you should join the CDCoA, we need some " cane toads ", I think we
          have
          > most of the other states covered.
          >
          > Write to " jburton@... ", John is the president and the annual year
          has
          > just commenced, the cost is small ( Locost ) and the communications
          sensational.

          > Regards
          > Dave King
          > Oz

        • Ken Howatson
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
            Rick

            Rick Hargraves wrote:

            > Hi Dave/John,
            >
            > Maybe we should just re-name it the "Plaga" instead of the "Locost" and
            > leave the name to Ron.
            >
            > I think it is an excellent and appropriate name as the whole deal is
            > plagiarised for most of us one way or another.
            >
            > Naming your car is harder than naming your kids if you are looking for
            > something original and appropriate in a car name.
            >
            > Cheers,
            > Tricky H.
            > AussieGAZshocks
            > rhargrav@...

          • Roger Molyneux
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2001
              Hi Ken

              I think you didnt read Tricky's comment properly.

              I understand what he meant.

              Naming a car is difficult. You have to find an original non corny name
              suited to the type of car. Car manufacturers spend millions on this
              exercise. On the otherhand how difficult is it to name your kid Roger,
              Rochard, Kennith or Bob for that matter.

              Slower on the keyboard and faster on the thought processing.

              Regards

              Roger

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 2, 2001
                Hi Tony,

                It was late at night for Ken, the odd drop of red - you know how it goes. -
                he was confused.

                I must confess that after two of the best boys straight off I was not going
                to keep trying until I got to use the girls names I had picked.

                I know a guy who did that and ended up with 7 girls and no boys.

                Cheers,
                Tricky H.
                AussieGAZshocks
                rhargrav@...

                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 3, 2001
                  Rick

                  That happened to my father in law only he gave up after 4 girls.
                  Sorry if I misinterpreted your message.

                  Ken

                • rhargrav
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 3, 2001