Another lurker coming out

  • G White
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 1995
      Hi, everyone. My name is Geoff White and I live in Perth Western
      Australia. I am in the planning / saving / convincing the "accountant"
      stage. I am interested in doing a mid-engine, targa top version of the
      Locost.

      McLaren, John (PGM) wrote:

      > From: "McLaren, John (PGM)" <John.McLaren@...>
      >
      > the cyclone is a right screamer of a machine. ian stent [editor of 'which
      > kit'] had one built as their project of the month. he uses it to chase [and
      > catch] the big superbikes. the specs are lovely - mid engined, rechipped
      > vauxhall mid engine, snazzy design and a targa top that is waterproof. it
      > would easily serve as a concept base for a home built.
      >
      > all in all, a machine i would like to get my hands on but, with the
      > australian design rules its only a dream.

      Which ADR's are a problem with the Cyclone? I was looking at it as a
      'concept' for a mid-engine version of the Locost.
    • McLaren, John (PGM)
      Message 2 of 2 , May 21 10:51 PM
        Geoff white wrote:

        >Which ADR's are a problem with the Cyclone?
        >I was looking at it as a 'concept' for a
        >mid-engine version of the Locost.

        geoff - nothing wrong with it as a concept - in fact, sounds like a great
        idea.

        just as a note - the english 'ultima' is real scary; 420bhp and 189 miles
        per hour in a recent 'which kit' test altho they admit to bending the truth
        a bit as they reckon it was good for 200mph.

        its being imported to australia as the ultimate toy by a mob in queensland -
        they made over 400 alterations before it was licensed; many of them to fit
        the adr's..