Re: [locost] Re:Engine Mounts

  • afmilne
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 1, 2001
      Thanks for your help Les & Roger.

      I have wedged the xhaust side of the engine (1300cc cross flow) up so that the
      carb (the original) is level with the chasis but was surprised that this
      wasn't the 'natural' state of afairs with the engine sump sitting on the flat
      floor.

      Trying to make my piece with this I was looking through the new version of the
      book and noticed that some of the tops of the K&N filters that most of the
      racers seem to be using apear not to be flush with the surface of the bonets
      implying that the engine/carb is leaning over towards the exhaust side.

      Tony

      Les Newell wrote:

      > Hi Tony,
      >
      > The carb should be level. If it isn't you could have mixture problems. The
      > shapes of the engine mounts are not really that important as long as they
      > hold the engine in the right place.
      >
      > Les
      >
      > > Happy new year all (well almost Dec. 31st 6:30pm).
      > >
      > > I have spent an interesting/frustrating afternoon trying to make engine
      > > mounts.
      > >
      > > My problem lies with the fact that once I get the engine in a position I
      > > am happy with relative to the chasis the two engine mounts end up being
      > > different shapes.
      > > Does this matter?
      > >
      > > Also, what part of the engine/gearbox should be parrallel with the
      > > chasis. If the engine lies flat on the floor the top of the carb and
      > > gearbox tilts over to the exhaust side. At the moment I have blocked the
      > > engine so that the top of the carb is parrallel with the top of the
      > > chasis.
      > >
      > > As always any thoughts would be welcome.
      > >
      > > All the best,
      > >
      > > Tony Milne
      > >

      > eGroups Sponsor
      > [Click Here!]
    • davidwritelc
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 29, 2005
        Hi

        Anyone got drawings for the engine mounting brackets for installation
        of a Toyota 20 valve into a Locost

        Regards
        Dave