tranies for zetec engines

  • Margaret and Randall
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
      hi all, i'm on the way to building my locost. just bought the engine
      and rear end. got a 98 zetec w/ computer and wiring harness ($800.00
      US), but i have a question about which transmissions and bellhousings
      will mate w/ it? does anyone on the list have any ideas? i've heard
      that the pinto's will and that the stuff from the 4 cylinder thunderbird
      does. if they do is there anything extra that needs to be done or will
      they bolt right up? also are there any people on the list from texas?
      i have some smog questions. thank you, randall
      (rm1spenc@...)
    • Toni Cortez
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2000
        Check this site and links:
        http://www.zx2.com/mustangturbo/performa.htm

        > hi all, i'm on the way to building my locost. just bought the engine
        > and rear end. got a 98 zetec w/ computer and wiring harness ($800.00
        > US), but i have a question about which transmissions and bellhousings
        > will mate w/ it? does anyone on the list have any ideas? i've heard
        > that the pinto's will and that the stuff from the 4 cylinder thunderbird
        > does. if they do is there anything extra that needs to be done or will
        > they bolt right up? also are there any people on the list from texas?
        > i have some smog questions. thank you, randall
        > (rm1spenc@...)

      • Cook, Nigel
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2000
          > From: Margaret and Randall <rm1spenc@...>
          >Subject: tranies for zetec engines
          >
          >hi all, i'm on the way to building my locost. just bought the engine
          >and rear end. got a 98 zetec w/ computer and wiring harness ($800.00
          >US), but i have a question about which transmissions and bellhousings
          >will mate w/ it? does anyone on the list have any ideas? i've heard
          >that the pinto's will and that the stuff from the 4 cylinder thunderbird
          >does. if they do is there anything extra that needs to be done or will
          >they bolt right up? also are there any people on the list from texas?
          >i have some smog questions. thank you, randall
          >(rm1spenc@...)

          Randall,

          I'm in the DFW area.. where did you get your Zetec from ??, what
          size is it ??. While it sits on the floor could you throw it (so to speak)
          on the bath room scales and give us a weight check ??.

          Thanks

          Nigel Cook
          SQL Server 7.0 DBA - Cars Group
          (972) 652 2934
          Nigel_Cook@...

          God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
          Courage to change the things I can and the Wisdom to know the difference.