Re: [locost] Front wishbone mounts

  • Geoff Tyler
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2000
      Hi Paul,

      You'll be pleased to know that you're not alone with this problem, I
      think everybody puzzled over this. The answer seems to be with FU1 & FU2,
      whose final positions are critical to the alignment of the suspension
      mounts, yet the book is very vague about this. I had these two members
      tacked in placed, but on fitting the mounts had to move them both forwards
      and slightly inwards towards the centreline to get it all to line up.

      My suggestion would be to make your wishbones to the book dimensions,
      tack the front mounts to LA/LB, offer up the wishbones and then position
      FU1/FU2 so it all lines up, hopefully you haven't fully welded them

      Cheers
      Geoff.