Anti Virus.doc

  • Bahman Kabiri Parvizi
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2003
      I was faced with some viruses recently and Norton Antivirus 2003 could
      identify the virus. I announced the problem to all groups that I was
      member in. I received many emails with different subjects and materials.
      I tried to answer them personally. This is an email that an Iran Scope
      Member called Mr. Sam Ghandchi wrote.

      Mr. Sam Ghandchi wrote to me:

      "You need to remove all your Anti-Virus programs before running Panda.
      For example if you have Norton or McAfee, remove them and then run
      Panda. During the time doing this, do *not* send or receive email. You
      can run the free version of Panda from the Internet:

      If your system is already contaminated with Bugbear.B, Norton cannot
      clean it and running full scan will show clean when you may not be
      clean. Panda is the only program that can do it.

      Once you run Panda, it will tell you what files are bad. If you do not
      need those files, delete them completely from your system. Then run
      Panda again and do this until Panda gives you fully clean results.

      After that, you can reinstall your regular anti-virus program and you
      will be fine.

      As far as Bugbear, it does not matter that you have not opened any bogus
      emails. The Bugbear.B is very dangerous and one could have gotten it
      from any source and the anti-virus programs will show everything clean
      even when one's system is contaminated. My advice is that you follow the
      instructions I sent and run *Panda* on all your systems. Panda is the
      only program that works on this:

      http://www.ghandchi.com/Cleaning.htm

      Again let me repeat that *all* my emails from my list have *always* been
      clean. I have sent the above advisory because I think the Bugbear.B is a
      very serious threat. It brought down Stanford Network last weekend."