regarding schools and laws

  • becklock
    Message 1 of 64 , Jun 8, 2001
      I have been a professional locksmith for a long
      time. I started at fourteen working for one over thirty
      years ago. First, I am not going to moralize on the
      legality of what you might be wanting to do. If you are
      trying to do it for immoral or illegal purposes you will
      be caught anyway. I have testified as expert witness
      for trials where people used homemade and pro picks
      to get into places. Yes they get locked up. Second,
      it is against the law in CA merely to possess lock
      picks with out having a California Bureau of
      Investigative Services license. I had to get one of my
      employees out from the cops thumb when he got pulled over
      in his own car and the cop saw lock picks and he
      forgot his ID. <br><br>If you want to learn, call some
      of the local shops and see who is hiring or take a
      mail order course to get started. Most places will not
      talk to you without some experience. GET A LICENSE. If
      you don't have it, jail can be nasty.
    • becklock
      Message 64 of 64 , Jun 11, 2002
        --- In lockpickingcentral@y..., escapist_ca wrote:
        > I think it hinges on that intent feloniously that
        > the law works on. You can get busted if you have the
        > stuff, but up to the courts to prove you intended bad
        > things?...If you are employed as a locksmith, or maybe even
        > just trained as one you might get away with it. Might.

        The problem is, they tend to arrest first and question later. If
        you are not employed or studying to be employed, why do you have
        them? In the minds of the police there is only one reason, sure you
        might get off the charge but how much will it cost you?