Q & A about locksmithinbg courses

  • escapist_ca
    Message 1 of 64 , Apr 4, 2001
      For those of you who have asked about
      locksmithing courses I thought I should mention some problems
      you might want to guard against.<br> First off,
      correspondance courses are good, but tend to be very stingy in
      what they provide - always ask directly what type of
      "study aids" you will get, as this can be just text
      books and no actual tools. If they are vague about it
      find another course. Don't belive that you will get
      "everything you need", cause you won't!<br> As for finding
      lockpicks, if your in an area that supports a locksmith
      supply shop check with them about buying tools, the spy
      or private eye stores sell them but at a very
      inflated cost.<br> Some stuff I've learned the hard
      way.<br> Oh yeah, as for making hand made lock picks, old
      hack saw blades can make some of them, but you'd
      better be good at cutting the metal. Uhm, shimming tools
      can be made out of metal tape measure blades, but you
      need tin snips to cut them as your household scissors
      will break.
    • becklock
      Message 64 of 64 , Jun 11, 2002
        --- In lockpickingcentral@y..., escapist_ca wrote:
        > I think it hinges on that intent feloniously that
        > the law works on. You can get busted if you have the
        > stuff, but up to the courts to prove you intended bad
        > things?...If you are employed as a locksmith, or maybe even
        > just trained as one you might get away with it. Might.

        The problem is, they tend to arrest first and question later. If
        you are not employed or studying to be employed, why do you have
        them? In the minds of the police there is only one reason, sure you
        might get off the charge but how much will it cost you?