Help!! Serious question!!

  • cleenjeep
    Message 1 of 64 , Oct 31, 2000
      Wow, what a relief. I have a question and I knew
      I could count on Yahoo to deliver the club that
      could answer it! First, let me introduce myself. I
      operate a small business from my home, I clean out
      repossesed homes in and around lansing MI. Of course, to get
      into the homes, I have to break in, usually through a
      window or a poorly secured door. Lets face it, the type
      of homes being repossesed are not your half million
      dollar homes, usually. <br><br> Now, my problem is, that
      as my business grows, I have been faced with newer,
      nicer and definitely more secure homes. I know how
      doors and windows are built, installed, and basically
      all kinds of security problems with new and old homes
      since I have been working as an alarm installer for
      years, and then did similar work as an A/V tech for a
      home theater company, installing and designing home
      theaters, whole house audio, small business paging, and
      video distribution as well as networks. Phew. Okay, my
      problem is, I am starting to move up in the repo biz as I
      am fast, can complete a job within hours and
      generally well dressed, but the houses are no longer just
      the crappy ones. I am starting to get homes with
      crank windows all around, and deadbolted doors as
      opposed to the traditional knob with lock style. This is
      a problem, I dont want to turn business away (NO
      WAY!!!), I need to look like a professional, and I believe
      that someone out there can help me!! What am I getting
      at right? What do I need to learn to pick locks? I
      am talking about specifically Schlage style locks,
      and Baldwin locksets. These have made a fool of me
      once and I am loathe to let this happen again! <br> If
      I cant open a door for a bank, then they will call
      someone else, and that person will not only get the house
      in question, they will get the bank's continuing
      business and referrals too! AHHH!!! I can't let that
      happen. This is my life, my business, and although I
      never thought of it as a hobby, I can see the benefits.
      EZ snap lockpicking gun. Would this be sufficient to
      open deadbolts? I dont want to destroy doors, just
      open them. I would like something that works well, and
      I dont have to replace every month. Obviously the
      credit card trick will only take me so far, and knocking
      doorknobs off with a hammer is no longer an option, as I am
      faced with doors costing as much as $2000.00. This is a
      serious question, and I was not sure who I could turn to.
      Someone please give me a heads up on this! My apologies
      for such a long post... <br>Michael
    • becklock
      Message 64 of 64 , Jun 11, 2002
        --- In lockpickingcentral@y..., escapist_ca wrote:
        > I think it hinges on that intent feloniously that
        > the law works on. You can get busted if you have the
        > stuff, but up to the courts to prove you intended bad
        > things?...If you are employed as a locksmith, or maybe even
        > just trained as one you might get away with it. Might.

        The problem is, they tend to arrest first and question later. If
        you are not employed or studying to be employed, why do you have
        them? In the minds of the police there is only one reason, sure you
        might get off the charge but how much will it cost you?