Tired of just "re: yo"...

  • Echthroi
    Message 1 of 64 , Oct 5, 2000
      Well, it's like this. Presumably, you want the
      set because you are interested in the skill and
      mastery of such an interesting pastime, and not because
      you want to break into some rich guy's house, right?
      So what you want is the second set, which has 14
      pieces, and one of the cutaway practice locks they also
      sell. No instructions. Just practice with a tension
      wrench and one of the picks until you figure it out and
      are proficient in its use, and then try one of the
      other picks. Keep it up until you can pick that lock in
      your sleep with each of the picks. Then, start
      practicing on your house doors, car doors, and any other
      place you can legally get away with it. This is what I
      am going to do. Hope that helped.
    • becklock
      Message 64 of 64 , Jun 11, 2002
        --- In lockpickingcentral@y..., escapist_ca wrote:
        > I think it hinges on that intent feloniously that
        > the law works on. You can get busted if you have the
        > stuff, but up to the courts to prove you intended bad
        > things?...If you are employed as a locksmith, or maybe even
        > just trained as one you might get away with it. Might.

        The problem is, they tend to arrest first and question later. If
        you are not employed or studying to be employed, why do you have
        them? In the minds of the police there is only one reason, sure you
        might get off the charge but how much will it cost you?